Thread: Anyone done Cedar Point in a wheelchair?

Anyone done Cedar Point in a wheelchair?

We're considering a family trip to Cedar Point (my wife and I, and our three kids 11 and under). I have no idea what to expect. Would I be able to ride roller coasters and the other crazy rides? How does one transfer into these rides? Most importantly I don't want to end up holding the kids back, but I don't want to miss out on the family trip either. Any advice?

I did Cedar Point with my two boys, 8 and 11, and my nephew, 13, last summer. I managed a few rollercoasters, the Demon Drop, and the train ride. The process you follow is to get what amounts to a boarding pass from the office, then go to the ride you want to board. There will be a person at the entrance that stamps your boarding pass with a time for arrival at the back entrance (exit area) of the ride. The time should coincide with the actual time it would take someone to wait in line. You can take one person with you while the others in your party wait in line. Ideally, when you get done people watching, snacking, wheeling around, then go to the back entrance, your family will be in sight and you can board/ride together. I managed to lose my 11 and 13 year olds for a couple hours on the very first ride. Turns out they decided to go on a different ride and we kept missing each other at our rendesvous point. Our plan is to take walkie talkies next time. Some of the rides were not accessable at all, some barely accessable, some not too bad, and some others you can probably do if you are good at floor to chair transfers. The floor to chair would come in handy for the water rides. Have fun Zero!
    Injured 7-22-06, T-11 T-12 complete. [Holds up cardboard sign] "Will work for returns."
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

I haven't been but from what I have heard you are expected to do the transfers. I don't think Cedar Point employee's are able to help with that.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    I haven't been but from what I have heard you are expected to do the transfers. I don't think Cedar Point employee's are able to help with that.
    Gurly2356 is correct, the employees are not allowed to help with transfers.
    Injured 7-22-06, T-11 T-12 complete. [Holds up cardboard sign] "Will work for returns."
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.