Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vegetable Gardening

I just received my Square Foot Garden bed and will be putting it together this weekend. I have 3 4'x4' boxes. I am new at this type of gardening-I hope it works as well as they say. Hopefully, Monday, I will be planting sweet peas, onions, carrots, lettuce (name=drunken woman, frizzy headed buttercrunch type-I loved the name), spinach, and chives in my square gardens and potatoes in a seperate patch.

After Memorial Day, I will plant tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, bush beans, and herbs in the other square gardens and pumpkins in their own patch.

If I can figure out how to post pics, I will. Happy gardening all!!

I planted 9 tomato plants (early girls, better boys, golden yellow, Mr. stripey, cherry tomatoes and yellow pear cherry tomatoes) and some type of watermelon that is specific for small patches (the vines do not run out little about 2 foot so you don't need a big patch). Hopefully everything will grow and all this flooding doesn't wash everything away.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathQuad View Post
    Hopefully everything will grow and all this flooding doesn't wash everything away.
    Heath, I didn't realize it was flooding down there. Hope you are out of harm's way. Take care.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

We have been under flash flood watches/warnings since about Thursday night and it is supposed to continue through tomorrow evening. Some areas have had seven or 8 inches of rain since Thursday. We have had about four in my area. We have had some pretty severe storms but no tornadoes yet thankfully

It's been raining in Texas for 2 wks.
    Sounds like it's fixing to pour!

How is everyones garden? Mine is finally in!!! I've been having peppers for weeks and a few cucumbers,zucchini and squash here and there in between traveling. The okra is out of control and I finally have tomoatoes. Just waiting on the corn, the best part. The watermelon are blooming and trailing everywhere, the sunflowers all died.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Unhappy garden

Soo much rain here it has wreaked havoc. 9 different heirloom tomatos

One in a topsey turvey dying witha few cherry tomatoes picked

Deer ate the top half of my yellow and red brandywines more coming though

a couple dozen yellow cherry

and lots and lots of blossom end rot on all from the weather.

Still have 2 months and a fair bit of fruit on the vine ripening, fingers crossed.

Basil a disappointment and my Thai basil barely growing

not a great year in CT for gardens.

bill

Bill

We've had bad weather too. My garden did suprisingly well though. I'm surprised bc I really neglected it with all the traveling and stuff.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Damn Bill, I thought I was in trouble, rain and SLUGS, didn't notice till it was almost too late. Green ones finaly, no peppers, no string beans, herbs down the tubes. But plenty of mold, everthing is a giddy green, white house etc. A late season for sure if any. Oh, and the squirells took the slug poison, in the bottle, twice. I hope they all die, the woman next door reported the bottle going past on the fence.

My garden is struggling along. I've picked a few cherry tomatoes, banana peppers, and cucumbers. The bell peppers and roma tomatoes are hanging in there. The roma's are taking an unusually long time to ripen. I have one roma tomato that is starting to ripen. I've usually started making tomato sauce by now....