Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stingray power beach wheelchair review

Stingray power beach wheelchair review

ok, i have ner sat in a pc in my gimp life, so it took about 15 minutes to not nearly run my wife over.

i picked up the power stingray beach wheelchair at the main lifeguard tower at coronado beach. i called ahead so she was charged and readyu. no way i could transfer up on it, no biggie a lifeguard got under my arms and wife under my legs.

i took it on hard pack as well as the little dunes. got stuck twice. its a great machine.

best part was i could walk on the beach w/ my wife-----INCREDIBLE.

only downside was it lacks torque. to go through the deep stuff and big ruts you need to keep your speed up, same w/ hills..........
    u need to blast through.....
    i kept it for roughly 4 hrs, never turned it off, thrashed it. when we dropped it off it had 1 red batt light left....

pat great work

Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Absolutely, without a doubt, very cool. It looks much smaller than I had previously thought. Nice.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Man John, I'd love to try that thing out. Didn't take you long to figure out the torque problem with PC's. You've got to hit it hard and fast to go anywhere. But you couldn't transfer even with the side board opposite the control side? Too tall or what was the problem?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Cool John. What do you sit on?

It's interesting that you liked the benefit of a PC to allow you to do something you otherwise would have been excluded from.

I took my Frontier X5 to the Lakes with friends this weekend. It goes over all sorts of terrain. I was fed up of missing out on the countryside. I'll post pics elsewhere.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

It must of been so nice to be on the beach with your wife. I miss camping. Can a chair like that go on relatively even trails? Do they make chairs for that?

Quote Originally Posted by ricanstruction View Post
    Do they make chairs for that?
    Frontier X5:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalJeep

http://www.mobility-usa.com/frontier.asp
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
    Man John, I'd love to try that thing out. Didn't take you long to figure out the torque problem with PC's. You've got to hit it hard and fast to go anywhere. But you couldn't transfer even with the side board opposite the control side? Too tall or what was the problem?
    yup, way to tall 4 a board. remember i run my chairs low. from your pc u may get it.

we walked along the waters edge really was just priceless.....

i really thrashed it, its worthy.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Good for you (and your wife)! It's great to hear about this.

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

glad to hear you made it down there and had fun.
    yeah torque is a problem...i turned the setting on the controllers down to 60% speed on those newer chairs because it seemed too fast on pavement and I never know who's going to be riding them. I'm thinking maybe that was a mistake. I'm going to go down and boost them back up and see if that solves the problem of getting stuck.

Thanks for the info! I wasn't impressed with the digital jeep but the frontierX5 seemed pretty cool. They never show how the person transfers in and out of the chair or how steep the chair can get you! Still worthwhile to look into, can't wait to really be outdoors again!