Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nurse/anyone........blood pressure fluctuations and nausea???

Nurse/anyone........blood pressure fluctuations and nausea???

Does anyone else get very nauseous when they have blood pressure fluctuations? Is that normal?? I get extremely nauseous.

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

bcsimpsons,

Normal with Autonomic Dysreflexia-Hyperreflexia.

When your blood pressure goes up, does your heartrate go down?

Joe

Actually, nausea and vomiting are rare reactions to autonomic dysreflexia. I have not seen this. While some people have a slow pulse with AD, many have a fast pulse so that does not determine if the high blood pressure is AD or not.

It is common to have nausea and vomiting with a very low blood pressure (hypotension), esp. if the blood pressure drops suddenly.

(KLD)

Mine always drops when I first get up and with that I'm always nauseated and anxious.Drinking water seems to help my bp to rise back to normal.

I sometimes get nauseous and dizzy when I lift myself up out of the tub. It passes pretty quickly. My blood pressure is typically on the low end of normal.

Although I have lowish blood pressure, and fainted in rehab, I didn't tend to feel sick. However, I know others in rehab did get nauseous with low blood pressure. One guy puked when he got in the standing frame.

I have never felt nauseous with dysreflexia.

KLD, yes the nausea is when my blood pressure drastically drops quickly. However I still am slightly sick to my stomach when it is elevated. By low I mean 70/40ish and high I am talking about 110/180ish.

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    KLD, yes the nausea is when my blood pressure drastically drops quickly. However I still am slightly sick to my stomach when it is elevated. By low I mean 70/40ish and high I am talking about 110/180ish.

Becky
    Please check that last number. It is physiologically impossible to have a blood pressure of 110/180. This would mean that your blood pressure is 110 when your heart is beating and 180 when it is at rest. This is called a negative pulse pressure and would result in no blood circulating in your body.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Please check that last number. It is physiologically impossible to have a blood pressure of 110/180. This would mean that your blood pressure is 110 when your heart is beating and 180 when it is at rest. This is called a negative pulse pressure and would result in no blood circulating in your body.

(KLD)
    oops, KLD your right. I reversed the numbers. This morning it was 162/102.

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Since your injury is so low, I assume you are not having AD. It sounds like you have hypertension, which can be essential hypertension or caused by a medical problem such as an adrenal tumor. You need to see a good cardiologist and get this under control. You are at risk of stroke, heart damage, renal damage and eye damage with uncontrolled high blood pressures such as this.

(KLD)