Thread: Just a thought

Just a thought

Yesterday I started writing e-mails to Bill Gates to make him aware of spinal cord injuries, asking him to donate money for funding. I know he donates money to other causes so I decided to give it a try. I think everyone should write him a letter. God knows he has funds.

Originally posted by QuadPro:

Yesterday I started writing e-mails to Bill Gates to make him aware of spinal cord injuries, asking him to donate money for funding. I know he donates money to other causes so I decided to give it a try. I think everyone should write him a letter. God knows he has funds.
    I wrote him in 1998, since I figured he was working on preventing paralysis from polio with his vaccination campaigns in third world countries.
    I asked him if he would please help those who were already paralysed to recover to an AB state also.
    The response was that they would keep it in mind.

Do you have the Address, I am willing to keep trying. Persistance speaks volumes.

- David65

I found it through a search on google....it was a donation organization he has but I am sure he has to have other email addresses I'm trying to find them

ok, I hope we can find it?

Thanks,

- David65

Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
    PO Box 23350
    Seattle, WA 98102
    Phone: (206) 709-3140
    For general questions or grant inquiries, please contact the foundation via email, info@gatesfoundation.org

East Coast Office
    PO Box 6176
    Ben Franklin Station
    Washington D.C. 20044

Libraries Programs
    PO Box 23350
    Seattle, WA 98102
    Email: libraryinfo@gatesfoundation.org

Education Programs
    PO Box 23350
    Seattle, WA 98102
    Phone: (206) 709-3607
    Fax: (206) 709-3280
    Email: edinfo@gatesfoundation.org

Media Inquiries
    PO Box 23350
    Seattle, WA 98102
    Phone: (206) 709-3400
    Fax: (206) 709-3252
    Email: media@gatesfoundation.org

QuadPro & CarThief,

Thanks for the info! I'll start writing to him and his wife on a constant basis and I'll try to work on a follow through presentation!

If anyone thinks that it's unwise to do so, please let us know.

Suzanne

The gospel of Jesus tells us about the persistance of a woman and a judge. The story is a parable from Jesus himself.

The judge had this occupation of judging obviously, and he was constantly petitioned by a particular woman who went to the judge for her answer. My guess is, he sought to be a righteous judge! Her problem must have been difficult to say for him because she had no answer from him yet. So she kept asking him for the judgement time after time after time. Eventually, the judge was weary for lack of an answer for her. So by the woman's persistance, he granted her the petition for her sake.

With all that said.

# 1. Bill Gates has helped a lot of causes.

# 2. Persistance can say a lot about ourselves.

# 3. We definatly have a lot to gain!

Maybe if we all wrote a letter one at a time for a whole year or two. We would only need about 10% of the people on this forum to be willing to do this.

David

[This message was edited by david65 on 12-22-03 at 04:45 PM.]