Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found a new portable lift solution for RV'ers!!!

I found a new portable lift solution for RV'ers!!!

The killer thing is I got to test the lift personally yesterday in Santa Fe NM. I tell ya this thing works perfectly. Well desigend and trully affordable. I asked the fella who made it if I could spread the word so to speak and he said go for it. So here it is.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/273499...el_chair_lift/

Let me know if anyone wants any answers. I got a real thorough tour of the lift. Hell he put it together and lifted me into my pickup truck!! Check it out.

Jimmy

wow.. now thats some john wayne engineering right there haha it's a good idea but what happen's if you go camping somewhere other then the mall parking lot?

What happened? I fell asleep about 1/3 of the way through and had a horrible nightmare about Mr Rogers and Ben Stein.

Seriously, Jimmy, do you know how much the lift is for both one and two motors? Looks like just what I need to get from my garage to my kitchen.
    thanks

-bob

It's also given me some ideas on maybe how to make one cheaper. Thanks for posting the vid.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

First of all it's a 12volt system. So camping is where it it shines. Have a car battery or jump pack your in buisness.

As for cost. I was qouted between 1700 -2900. 2900 being the dual motor large footprint lift and that is shipped and with wheels.

Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy D. View Post
    First of all it's a 12volt system. So camping is where it it shines. Have a car battery or jump pack your in buisness.

As for cost. I was qouted between 1700 -2900. 2900 being the dual motor large footprint lift and that is shipped and with wheels.

Jimmy
    Thanks for the info.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I think this lift could be easly modifird to work for an rv.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w..._650281_650281

The problem with most RV lifts and makeshift lifts is that you have to modify your RV. Most folks are really hesitant about reinforcong a RV these days. It hurts your resale and in some cases just degrades the structural integrity of the RV. One thing I know about RV's is that the manufaturers build them to there maximum limits. I still think this solution is great. For my application that is. And you gotta admit 3k for the big bad modle is a hell of alot cheaper than any other RV access solution for wheelchair users. Not to mention this will save my Fathers back and we can still go camping witch was in danger of not ever happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy D. View Post

Jimmy
    what i meant by camping somewhere other the a mall parking lot was that you will need to be in an area that the ground is flat and dry, you would sink out of site in soft ground. and to tell you the truth the prices he qouted you is way to high you could build it yourself for a fraction of the price and probably would only take a weekend to do so keep that in mind.

It looked a bit dangerous. You would have to make sure that the lift was close enough to the RV so that the ramp could not shift and drop you. It was barely bringing the gap in the video. Two short bars that could attach with pins between the lift frame and two small brackets attached to the RV (little, easily removable non-noticable RV modification) would tighten up everything and ensure that the top of the lift did not ever tilt back away from the RV and cause the ramp to fall.

aside from being a chore to set up every time, it looks sketchy... but if it gets the job done...