Thread: Anyone going to the nation veterans wheelchair games

Anyone going to the nation veterans wheelchair games

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to check and see if there were any veterans in here that may be attending the NVWG in Spokane Wa this July. I just got back from the National Veterans Disabled Winter Ski Clinic in Snomass Co and it was a blast. If anyone here is attending the games drop a line and let us know what sports you are participating in and if you've gone before and what type of success you've had. It's going to be a blast.

I'm going. This will be my 6th. I swim, play basketball and run the slalom. See ya there!

I plan on going! I don't know if I can compete since I'm not a vet, but sounds like a great event.

Also, my goal is to show everyone there my FreeWheel and have them try them out.

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

Pat, yes, you must be a veteran, and use a wheelchair to compete at the NVWG, and you must be pre-registered with the appropriate physical exams prior to going to the Games. Once there, athletes are rated into categories based on an on-site exam process.

Go anyway though. The vets always appreciate a good cheering section at any of the events. There will be up to 10 different venues each day, so you have to pick and choose the events you are most interested in seeing. There is usually a product fair the first day (prior to the actual events starting) so vendors can show their new products there (of course with prior arrangement and payment of a fee).

Keep in mind that while many of the athletes have SCI, there are also a wide variety of other disability groups who participate in the NVWG including TBI, stroke, MS, amputee, etc. etc.

Have fun in Spokane, everyone. Wish I could be there!

(KLD)

Thanks KLD, I emailed the coordinator for more info!

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

Well I hope to see you guys there. Patd the gofreewheel looks pretty cool I'll have to check it out more in detail when I get home. The games are going to be a blast.