Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi all im new to all of this

Welcome emie,your health should improve abit as most of us at cc have gain some function back.Keep your head up and stay strong.

Hi emie, This site will help alot through the years. Your injury is new and you will be dealing with many new ways of doing everyday functions that you may seem to be impossible. Just hang in there things will be better as you gain your strenght back and lighten up on the dope.
    Remember to smile once in a while.

Hi emie, like has been said this site is a great source of infomation and support. You finding it early will be a big help, took me about 10yrs. Things will get easier and life will go on and don't let yourself constantly think that you "can't" do something, you will be amazed at what you still can. Just ask any question you have, and someone here will likely know the answer.

Hi, your injury is fairy new so I hope you will gain some returns. It is too early to say you're complete or incomplete. Good luck to you.

Hi Emie, Make a habit of thinking about what you can do and keep pushing yourself! It gets better, but it's hard.

Pat

Hi Emily,

Welcome to CC.You're young,stay strong and push hard.Anything is possible.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Banned
    Thanks everyone for the support now for my first question if been in of for about 3 weeks now and I get so bored when there's nothing to do what can I do besides get on here LOL
    SOFTBALL was my life RECOVERY is now

I would encourage you to get in the pool as soon as they will let you. Moving is the best way to rehab. You'll feel things in the pool that you won't feel anywhere else. Work it. work hard and sleep better.

Good Luck.

Pat

www.gofreewheel.com

hello emie, sorry to hear about your injury at such a young age. but like you have heard before and will hear many more times, life does go on. Im not even 1 year post as a 20 year old, so i know what your going through. Its tough, but stay positive and work work work. Focus on the cans and dont worry about the can'ts........just remeber your not handicapped, your HANDICAPABLE. theres ussually a whole bunch of people in the Flashchat if you would like to stop in there sometime. For instant awnsers, thats what i do, makes it feel more like your talking to an actual human
    T6/T7 Incomplete Since June 7th 2008
    Walking part-time with KAFOs & Walker
    *Never Quit Pushing*

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=20290962

Hi Emie. I got my SCI when I was 15. When I was three weeks out, I wasn't out of the spinal shock yet, it took two month. I was lucky, I was very incomplete and gain back a lot, like walking and b&b.

I wish you the best, I don't remember so much from the hospital and rehab but I remember the hospital was terrible boring. I read a lot of books and my parents were only allowed to visit 3 quarters every day. The rest of those first month I was alone. But that is 39 years ago and I know things have changed.
    TH 12, 43 years post