Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Mac Degraded, News at 11..

Big Mac Degraded, News at 11..

I ordered a double cheeseburger at McD tonight, from a very sweet and polite girl, and ordered it with Big Mac sauce. I've done this before with no problem. Tonight however, was a problem. She checked with the manager and I was told "No". WTH! The clerk said "It's degrading to the Big Mac". I kinda laughed, and she said "No, there is a sign in the back saying that. It's degrading the Big Mac to serve the sauce on anything BUT the Big Mac". So now I'm rolling on the floor (I always roll on the floor, but this time I'm laughing).
    Degrade the Big Mac? Hell, now I want to go back, hold up the joint, steal all the damn Big Mac sauce they have and violate the "Big Mac" like Richard Simmons in the big house!
    WTH is the world coming to? How do you degrade a burger? The sauce is just a condiment!
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Maybe if you'd upgraded to a double-quarter pounder, they would have complied? Cmon. A double cheeseburger with special sauce is almost a Big Mac without the middle bun. And lettuce.

Maybe I don't have a life, but I just sent this message to McD's. I wonder if I'll get a reply.

I ordered a double cheeseburger and wanted it with Big Mac sauce. I was told that wasn't possible. "It was degrading to the Big Mac". That has to be the dumbest and funniest thing I've ever heard.
    If anything, it should be a compliment to the Big Mac. (lowly double cheeseburger to Big Mac) "Oh Mr. Big Mac, I want to be like you so much, can I please use some of your special sauce to appease this simple human?"
    (Big Mac to dbl chs) "Ha ha, you could never be like me, but do as you wish!"
    (Human leaves happy with Big Mac sce on dbl chs.)
    If this is a corporate "Big Mac being degraded" decision, I think King Whopper has just found a new royal subject.

Thanks for the laughs! I'd love to hear the response from McD management.
    Daniel

Simple solution:

Buy a bulk bottle of Thousand Islands Dressing and smother it on your burger.

PS. I thought the story was funny. Big Macs have feelings too, y'know.

I get the double cheeseburger with Big Mac sauce too! It's the best.
    -------7-23-04----------
    C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
    www.darrentempleton.com
    www.pushtowalknj.org

Well at least you didn't call 911 to report a possible degradtion of the Big Mac.

Can't wait to see what the response says.

Mike, if you don't get a reply, write a message to Consumerist.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by divin'darren View Post
    I get the double cheeseburger with Big Mac sauce too! It's the best.
    Have you lately? I'd hate to have to go that far for BM sauce.

WM. while I sympathise with your plight, I gotta side with preserving the dignity of TBM. Once a mega fast food chain allows its guiding principles to be compromised, Katie bar the door. Next thing you know, oil with trans-fat is drained from the deep fryers.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg