Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Well, maybe I won't be building a house

Well, maybe I won't be building a house

Now the guy at the development won't get back to me after I sent some ADA info, no returned emails or calls.

Suggestions?
    And the truth shall set you free.

Not to nit pick but building a house and buying a condo are too different animals. I believe the last thread you were buying a condo, you are picking out flooring, cabinets, etc not siding where a driveway goes where or not you want a walkout basement etc, this is not just for you but the other guy who thinks he built a condo. Sorry for the rant. Good Luck
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Sorry, thought I updated.

Found a development that is offering three bedroom ranch homes BUILT for $110,000. Spent an hour there with my agent, gave info, got the guys card, told them I was pre-approved and putting 20% down. Went over the fact that the only real change would be roll-in shower in one of the two bathrooms. He asked for some ada info, sent to him now nada.

Yes I will keep calling but can they refuse me?

QUOTE=rcechser;1012270]Not to nit pick but building a house and buying a condo are too different animals. I believe the last thread you were buying a condo, you are picking out flooring, cabinets, etc not siding where a driveway goes where or not you want a walkout basement etc, this is not just for you but the other guy who thinks he built a condo. Sorry for the rant. Good Luck[/QUOTE]

Joe, he should,you will have to pay for the changes, I would not bug him to much, is there a lot of house selling in the development? He could be just looking into the ADA thing or (he is busy doing our stuff is he using a realtor) and has not gotten a chance to yet, is there enough room on the plan to put in a roll-in shower without taking out any walls. What else are you looking for ramp, ( wood or concrete) kitchen, light fixtures, kitchen cabinets, etc

Also Joe I noticed you went there with your agent it is always best to have him contact the builder.
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

Nothing additional I swear. Everything else is already level. No walla busted down or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rcechser View Post
    Joe, he should,you will have to pay for the changes, I would not bug him to much, is there a lot of house selling in the development? He could be just looking into the ADA thing or (he is busy doing our stuff is he using a realtor) and has not gotten a chance to yet, is there enough room on the plan to put in a roll-in shower without taking out any walls. What else are you looking for ramp, ( wood or concrete) kitchen, light fixtures, kitchen cabinets, etc

Also Joe I noticed you went there with your agent it is always best to have him contact the builder.

For most developer's, any deviation to their typical construction documents (drawings and specifications) throws a monkey wrench into their "system."

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    For most developer's, any deviation to their typical construction documents (drawings and specifications) throws a monkey wrench into their "system."
    But if the roll-in shower was the only deviation?? Maybe the doorways an inch or two bigger?

Better to find out now how he treats his customers. Move on, there is no shortage of motivated builders in today's financial environment. It's a buyer's market.

You said, already "BUILT" ranch homes. Have they already been built, or they are planned to be built and then sold?

If still in construction, I don't see why you can't work with them (or others) to make the necessary changes per your specs/needs. It may cost you additional monies tho. If these developers are un or less than willing to work with you, maybe best bet to go with another with whom you can have a more open communication and a better relationship with. That is, if you haven't signed anything or put any $$ down.

If already built, you can check out the place and do the mods you need, at your own cost, if the plan allows for such mods.

Sorry, I meant the plots/slabs are ready everything is set to rock and roll, five months and done. No money and nothing signed but no one is getting back to me. Called agent today and she said she would try to set up another face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    You said, already "BUILT" ranch homes. Have they already been built, or they are planned to be built and then sold?

If still in construction, I don't see why you can't work with them (or others) to make the necessary changes per your specs/needs. It may cost you additional monies tho. If these developers are un or less than willing to work with you, maybe best bet to go with another with whom you can have a more open communication and a better relationship with. That is, if you haven't signed anything or put any $$ down.

If already built, you can check out the place and do the mods you need, at your own cost, if the plan allows for such mods.