Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172 LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

I mean, a C3 accidentally got through in the China trial, so I would like more information Specifically on the recovery of that specific patient... Info info info
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    naw, I know that. I mean in an upcoming trial is there any possibility that C4's will not be able to be operated on due to the phrenic nucleus? ... And approx how long do you think it will take until the separate trial for high quads can commence? I mean will I be waiting the full duration of this initial trial of patients up to C5 to complete or might the trial for upper injuries be able to Initiate within that time
    It depends on when we begin this trial. When it's completed, then we can start the trial for high quads. And, money has to be raised.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMonte View Post
    Hello Jim, I see Kessler is picked for an interviewing site, Will they post how we can sign up? Thank you
    When recruitment begins, it will be posted here, and an eBulletin will be emailed. If you received the eBulletin i sent out yesterday, you are on the list. If not, PM me your email.

I mean, a C3 accidentally got through in the China trial, so I would like more information specifically on the recovery of that specific patient... Info info info
    The paper shows exactly what each person in the trial recovered.

The guy with C3 was 24 yrs old, 7 years post-injury. Started as an ASIA C, finished as ASIA C. Made it to KLS level IV, WISCI went from 0 - 6, Motor score went from 18-20. Touch & Pin Prick, 60-63, SCIM Score (Spinal Cord Independence Measure) remained at 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    It depends on when we begin this trial. When it's completed, then we can start the trial for high quads. And, money has to be raised.

When recruitment begins, it will be posted here, and an eBulletin will be emailed. If you received the eBulletin i sent out yesterday, you are on the list. If not, PM me your email.

The paper shows exactly what each person in the trial recovered.

The guy with C3 was 24 yrs old, 7 years post-injury. Started as an ASIA C, finished as ASIA C. Made it to KLS level IV, WISCI went from 0 - 6, Motor score went from 18-20. Touch & Pin Prick, 60-63, SCIM Score (Spinal Cord Independence Measure) remained at 40.
    I mean this in a purely inquisitive way and I was never good at understanding the asia and wisci things but do those small changes in the Numbers essentially mean very little recovery? or is that good?

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I mean this in a purely inquisitive way and I was never good at understanding the asia and wisci things but do those small changes in the Numbers essentially mean very little recovery? or is that good?
    This was barely any recovery. Two measurements that really show recovery is a change in ASIA (A to B or C) or a big change in the SCIM score.

The only thing that I'm curious about is the Neurological Level which has to be at C5. I know this is done by performing an ASIA exam on the subject by having the subject tell the difference between Pin Prick and Light Touch sensation. What would happen if the subject meets all the criteria that are listed except when it comes to the Neurological Level the subject is determined to be C4? I'm guessing the subject would be disqualified for the trail correct? I'm asking this because some people (doctors/researches) can perform the ASIA exam very differently as one doctor might classify the subject with a C5 Neurological Level while another doctor might classify the subject with a C4 Neurological Level all depending on what spot they use to perform the exam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    This was barely any recovery. Two measurements that really show recovery is a change in ASIA (A to B or C) or a big change in the SCIM score.
    Did that patient get cells + 666? If so, shouldnt that be seen as a major Bummer?

ASIA exam, medical records, and MRI will be used to determine level.

One center will screen all the prospective patients.

Did that patient get cells + 666? If so, shouldn't that be seen as a major Bummer?
    He did get both. I don't think it's a bummer, results are results.

so what step are we on now in the process of getting the US trial up and recruiting?

so what step are we on now in the process of getting the US trial up and recruiting?
    I just hope the trail got approval from the IRB already.