Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 477

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

  1. #61
    Wise, Jim, Would you urge people to donate through facebook, in order to track who is donating and to build momentum?

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    Wise, Jim, Would you urge people to donate through facebook, in order to track who is donating and to build momentum?
    Chaz,

    We are using Facebook, Myspace, and direct contributions. Various people prefer different mediums and we respect that. Facebook is very convenient because it tracks who recruited whom. Some people may prefer to give more privately.

    Wise.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl View Post
    Antiquity,

    There are still so many questions and so few answers...

    I like to get to the point. I truly believe in this and I have been looking for something to back for so long.

    Wise,

    Your a trailblazer. Your right there are no more excuses and the amount of money the CRF has made this should have already been done. What I see happening here is going to be a domino effect. All the scientists that have their few pieces of the puzzle will eventually join groups and collaberate. Something will give. I just hope that some of us have a real shot one day. HMMM money. There are many people that can afford to give the amount needed and that's sad. Hospitals might be a good bet.

    It's very scary to think about the possibilities of our chances in the next decade. Or if the therapies will be effective? and how mny tries and times. It's like consistantly rolling the dice. When this happens though, I see many groups joining teams and working together everywhere trying to find the golden ticket. As far as the UCBC and lithium its a risk. However it's those risks and chances you take in life always end up being the most worthwile. oy vey. If CRF did this years ago we could have been so much farther ahead.

    Sometimes I imagine an alien coming into my room and curing me.
    Hi, Cheryl,

    I strongly support the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation (CDRF).

    You know, for several years, I was reluctant to come out and ask people to support clinical trials. It is not something that one says that one will do and not deliver. Once the appeal is out there, it is a promise that must be fulfilled. It is a scary but something that we must do.

    Wise.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl View Post
    Antiquity,



    Sometimes I imagine an alien coming into my room and curing me.
    I have often wondered if that is what it is going to take.

  5. #65
    Wise,

    I was watching Bill Gates and Warren Buffet talk last night on FFN. As many of us know, Buffet is giving the majority of his wealth to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Would it help if we try to solicit organizations like BMGF to get cash money? Or is that something that is already being taking care of, way over my head, or a complete waste of time. I'm sure your people have thought about this, but i have idle hands these days and am getting tired of hoping aliens are going to knock on my window.

    Thanks-

    Robbie

  6. #66
    Senior Member spidergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    Hi, Cheryl,

    I strongly support the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation (CDRF).

    You know, for several years, I was reluctant to come out and ask people to support clinical trials. It is not something that one says that one will do and not deliver. Once the appeal is out there, it is a promise that must be fulfilled. It is a scary but something that we must do.

    Wise.
    I respect the CDRF immensely. I have been to a few benefits here in LA and they were great. My point was that they get the kind of monies we are needing for chronic clinical trials. I was given a resource guide from them in rehab that was very helpful. They did very well and have been the leaders of sucess in this arena.

    However,

    We must move faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful than a locomotive....as he would have. I wish I had a chance to meet him. I had my injury after he passed.
    Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by boda View Post
    Wise,

    I was watching Bill Gates and Warren Buffet talk last night on FFN. As many of us know, Buffet is giving the majority of his wealth to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Would it help if we try to solicit organizations like BMGF to get cash money? Or is that something that is already being taking care of, way over my head, or a complete waste of time. I'm sure your people have thought about this, but i have idle hands these days and am getting tired of hoping aliens are going to knock on my window.

    Thanks-

    Robbie
    Robbie, I think that everybody under the sun must have asked BMGF to fund their worthy causes. It doesn't hurt to ask. Wise.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,430
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    We are using Facebook, Myspace, and direct contributions.
    Wise.
    Can you give a link to a place for direct donation that is clearly tied to the trials network? I want to ask family to ggive, and they don't do social netwourking.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Can you give a link to a place for direct donation that is clearly tied to the trials network? I want to ask family to ggive, and they don't do social netwourking.
    Random, the website is done but we ran into a snag. As soon as everything is place I will post the website where people can donate directly to the North American Clinical Trial Network (NASCINet).

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Cheesecake,

    do you think CDRF will give some financial contribution to the NASCINet?

    Thanks,

    Paolo
    The Reeve Foundation gives grants to researchers based on a peer review process and application. During the dry years with the NIH, the competition had been very stiff. I don't know what their criteria is, just that it is part of a process, peer review, grant application, etc.

    I did a search of the Reeve Foundation and found this: http://www.christopherreeve.org/site...ot_Program.htm

    as well as this sobering link/post:
    http://www.christopherreeve.org/site...d_research.htm
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 12:50 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 01:08 AM
  3. Ongoing NIH Grants for SCI
    By Steven Edwards in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 10:40 AM
  4. Dr.Young
    By pla9302 in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 02:08 PM
  5. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 03:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •