Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Quote Originally Posted by Barmada View Post
    Dr. Young, you're saying that you will begin recruiting people in September. How can people participate in your trial?

This is all very exciting news.
    Thanks
    Barmada, if everything goes according to plan (i.e. we get the agreement of the participating centers, the institutional review boards, and raise the necessary funds), the participating centers will begin recruiting this fall. All recruitment will be done by the centers and not by nascinet itself. At the present, eight centers have expressed strong interest in being in the network and it is likely that we will continue to add centers in the coming months.

Wise.

Made my monthly contribution this week and set up the donation to have money donated on a monthly basis.

I know a couple of people in my region and I'll contact them to let them know about the NASCIN. I feel I can get them to donate as well on a regular basis.

Good luck and Godspeed Dr. Young.

Antiquity,

There are still so many questions and so few answers...

I like to get to the point. I truly believe in this and I have been looking for something to back for so long.

Wise,

Your a trailblazer. Your right there are no more excuses and the amount of money the CRF has made this should have already been done. What I see happening here is going to be a domino effect. All the scientists that have their few pieces of the puzzle will eventually join groups and collaberate. Something will give. I just hope that some of us have a real shot one day. HMMM money. There are many people that can afford to give the amount needed and that's sad. Hospitals might be a good bet.

It's very scary to think about the possibilities of our chances in the next decade. Or if the therapies will be effective? and how mny tries and times. It's like consistantly rolling the dice. When this happens though, I see many groups joining teams and working together everywhere trying to find the golden ticket. As far as the UCBC and lithium its a risk. However it's those risks and chances you take in life always end up being the most worthwile. oy vey. If CRF did this years ago we could have been so much farther ahead.

Sometimes I imagine an alien coming into my room and curing me.
    Birds Fly in Flocks, but Eagles Fly Alone...

Cheryl--very well said re: collaboration. Wise--thank you for your tireless efforts.
    Last edited by Susan M; 05-08-2009 at 02:37 PM.

If CRF did this years ago we could have been so much farther ahead.
    I am not sure how smart it is to pit one group against another especially when your facts are not completly accurate.

http://www.christopherreeve.org/site...asp?ct=5842597

Many of the North American Clinical Trial Centers are the same as the group Wise created. The CDRF saw a need years ago for colaboration and networks for clinical trials. The International Consortium has been around for years and was the first cooperative group.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Question:

If I were to setup a recurring donation, how would I be able to cancel this if in the future I was unable to keep this up?
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Question:

If I were to setup a recurring donation, how would I be able to cancel this if in the future I was unable to keep this up?
    Hey McDuff,

How goes it in Texas?

In order to cancel a recurring donation, you just have to email me- jimbenn@rci.rutgers.edu

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    I am not sure how smart it is to pit one group against another especially when your facts are not completly accurate.

Many of the North American Clinical Trial Centers are the same as the group Wise created. The CDRF saw a need years ago for colaboration and networks for clinical trials. The International Consortium has been around for years and was the first cooperative group.

Cheesecake, I missed that CRF=the foundation. I'm so used to the CDRF acronym now. Agreed. The CDRF has definitely done a tremendous amount to advance research while recognizing the need for support services today. In many ways they have been pioneers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hey McDuff,

How goes it in Texas?

In order to cancel a recurring donation, you just have to email me- jimbenn@rci.rutgers.edu
    Howdy Jim,

We are hitting 91 degrees and high humidity today. Is it summer already?

Sounds easy enough to handle the donation, thanks. Could I ask a favor? Send me a PM with this info, I have a folder of contact info PM's and this would help me out, with my old failing memory. Thanks, I'll go ahead and setup a donation.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post

Cheesecake,

do you think CDRF will give some financial contribution to the NASCINet?

Thanks,

Paolo