Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Hello,

I have a question about the patients in the China trial that had higher level injuries. Did all the patients that were unable to move their trunk regain the ability to do so after the procedure/locomotor therapy? My father suffered a c5 spinal cord injury last October and I have been exploring potential new treatments. I apologize if the question has already been answered in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rmarks70 View Post
    Hello,

I have a question about the patients in the China trial that had higher level injuries. Did all the patients that were unable to move their trunk regain the ability to do so after the procedure/locomotor therapy? My father suffered a c5 spinal cord injury last October and I have been exploring potential new treatments. I apologize if the question has already been answered in the thread.
    Personally, I don't think that is a bad question at all. It seems to me that most of the current treatments establish minimal communications between the brain and the undamaged part of the spinal column. Then through intensive therapy, they reactivate the Central Pattern Generator in the undamaged spinal column allowing walking and some bowel and bladder functional improvement. I may be completely wrong, but I haven't heard of the treated patients getting improved arm and finger movement, improved breathing (i.e. improved ability to blow and cough using chest muscles), feeling, etc.

But, don't take my word for things. I've pretty much given up. I've been a C5/6 for over 50 years and expect to die this way.

Thanks Khmorgan,

You may be right as I am just learning about spinal cord injuries. But it seems to me that for someone to be able to walk in a walker or even do locomotor therapy the way it was described in the China study that the patient would need to have control of their trunk muscles.

so where exactly are we in the process of getting scinetusa up and recruiting ... What exact step are we waiting on and Whats next
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

When we get the ok from the FDA (within 90 days) I will post instructions how to apply. You will apply directly to the hospital performing the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    When we get the ok from the FDA (within 90 days) I will post instructions how to apply. You will apply directly to the hospital performing the surgery.
    So it’s finally been submitted? Saaaweet!

Does that mean the paper has been submitted and now we have 90 days? Just want to clarify Jim, thanks.

10-4
    Awesome! Congrats to Wise Young and team!

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Awesome! Congrats to Wise Young and team!
    second that...
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature