Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

The Clinical Trial Core Committee met last week and primarily discussed rehab post surgery, transitioning from standing to stepping training, and how this can be accomplished at each hospital.

Surgery Centers- Hackensack Meridian Hospital (NJ), Jersey Shore Hospital, Newark University Hospital, and Possibly Mt. Sinai (NY).

Thanks Jim. In another thread you mentioned cost to be around 150k. Is that in-patient or out-patient, is housing included or would it be an extra expense?

Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweeds View Post
    Thanks Jim. In another thread you mentioned cost to be around 150k. Is that in-patient or out-patient, is housing included or would it be an extra expense?
    The estimate for compassionate use is 50k for the surgery/3 days inpatient hospital stay, 50k for 6 weeks of intensive PT, 50k for 3-6 months of walking program. If you don't have a qualified surgeon near you, housing would be another expense. If chosen for the clinical trial, the only cost would be housing, clinical trials are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The estimate for compassionate use is 50k for the surgery/3 days inpatient hospital stay, 50k for 6 weeks of intensive PT, 50k for 3-6 months of walking program. If you don't have a qualified surgeon near you, housing would be another expense. If chosen for the clinical trial, the only cost would be housing, clinical trials are free.

Well then... LET"S GET IT ON /LET"S GET READY TO RUMBLE
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Whats the difference between "50K for intensive PT" and "50K for 3-6 months of walking program"... Not tryna look a gift-horse in the mouth, I honestly don't understand that one

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Whats the difference between "50K for intensive PT" and "50K for 3-6 months of walking program"... Not tryna look a gift-horse in the mouth, I honestly don't understand that one
    I remember Wise giving that breakdown long time ago. I missed the first hour of this past meeting when the budget was discussed. When I find out the specifics, will post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I remember Wise giving that breakdown long time ago. I missed the first hour of this past meeting when the budget was discussed. When I find out the specifics, will post.

Thanks for the response

Any updates on FDA approval for trial? Word is, Wise is too optimistic about this happening...

MomNoah, Wise met with the FDA for the pre-IND and they requested a safety study. This has been completed and the results were as expected, no safety issues with the cells. The IND paperwork (thousands of pages) is being finalized and will soon be submitted.

There is no safety issue with this therapy. Twenty-eight subjects received the umbilical cord blood injections and none lost function. The majority regained the ability to walk with assistance, and many regained the ability to pee and poop. These were all complete patients.

Imagine if all the front line SCI research teams actually collaborated on various stem cell types, various stimulation therapies, scaffolds, etc. how much faster things would move. But in the end it's a patent race with a goal of profit before cure.
    T3 complete since Sept 2015.