Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

I see
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Anyone notice this today on amazon? http://smile.amazon.com/about/ref=smi_ge_sr_lm_raas I didn't see NASCINet on there... Can someone add it so all our purchases can give a little love to a cure.
    Joe T.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttabean View Post
    Anyone notice this today on amazon? http://smile.amazon.com/about/ref=smi_ge_sr_lm_raas I didn't see NASCINet on there... Can someone add it so all our purchases can give a little love to a cure.
    Our (SCINetUSA) application is being processed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Greetings Fellow CareCure Members,

I‘m Jim Bennett and I work at the W.M. Keck Center, Spinal Cord Injury Project, at Rutgers University. I am asking you to join me in launching spinal cord injury clinical trials in the United States!

On March 17, 2009, The North American Spinal Cord Injury Network (NASCINet) was formed. This came at the conclusion of the First Investigator Meeting at University Medical Center Brackenridge in Austin, Texas. The goal of the network is to test promising therapies to restore function in people with chronic spinal cord injuries (SCI).

We, the SCI Community, can and must support these trials by raising the needed funds. If we take an active role and work together, clinical trials for SCI will begin this year!

I am building a network of recruiters, “The Clinical Trial Support Squad”, whose goal is to procure donations from 100 individuals and families. We will use social networking websites such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter to reach potential donors. Let’s get these clinical trails going!

If you would like to join “The Clinical Trial Support Squad” and get these trials going now, email me- jimbenn@rci.rutgers.edu.

Thank you! Jim

More details on the trials are at http://nascinet.org
    Jim,

is this website still suppose to work or there is a new one?

I can't find any site about SCI net USA.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Paolo,

The site is offline while it is being redone.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Jim,

thanks for your response, but I am afraid this is very disappointing.
    Unfortunatly I have to note it has been 5 years since SCInetUSA has been formed and still no clinical trial is in sight, therefore I would like to have the money I have donated back.
    If you need a copy of the receipts let me know.

Paolo
    I would like to thank Wise for giving me back the money I have donated.

With my donations I wanted to help starting clinical trial in the US. Unfortunatly after more than 5 years clinical trials in SCI Net USA are not even in sight. Clearly the plan didn't come together at all, so I think my request was more than reasonable.

Paolo

With my donations I wanted to help starting clinical trial in the US. Unfortunatly after more than 5 years clinical trials in SCI Net USA are not even in sight. Clearly the plan didn't come together at all, so I think my request was more than reasonable.

Paolo
    But aren't they 'in sight '? I agree that it sux that we have not been told any concrete start dates but there are centers that already have agreed to carry out the trials . Things are still moving along , although I admit , not fast enough for your or my liking .....things are still going . Nothing has stopped

Jim or wise, I know that this has probably already been asked in the past but what has changed ? I mean what centers agree to be part of Scinetusa as of today and Hows the timeline look for when those centers will start recruiting and carrying out operations?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Wise has been crystal clear from the beginning; the ChinaSCINet Phase II Trial had to be completed and the paper published before we could apply to the US FDA for Phase III approval. We had hoped to start the Trial in the 3rd quarter of '14 but it will not happen until next year.

All of the centers are on the East Coast, think there are 4 but I am not sure of the 'official' list.

Paolo
    I know what you can do with those moneis

Quote Originally Posted by KIM View Post
    I know what you can do with those moneis
    It was little money, I am going to keep them for now.

Paolo