Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 431

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

  1. #341
    Dr. Wise, Have you contacted TIRR in Houston, Texas regarding clinical trials? I know they do allot of clinical trials and have been in the top 5 Rehab Institutes since the 80's. They helped Congresswoman Gifford and quite a few other celebrities/NFL players etc.

    Keep up the good work

    Thanks, JM
    C-4/C-5 Asia B,Incomplete Quad

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    Wise if you do start trials at kessler in 2012 will it include asia B and C or just asia A patients?

    Thanks
    Wills77, it is currently only for ASIA A. Wise.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers7 View Post
    Dr. Wise, Have you contacted TIRR in Houston, Texas regarding clinical trials? I know they do allot of clinical trials and have been in the top 5 Rehab Institutes since the 80's. They helped Congresswoman Gifford and quite a few other celebrities/NFL players etc.

    Keep up the good work

    Thanks, JM
    C-4/C-5 Asia B,Incomplete Quad
    JM,

    Thanks for the recommendation. I am very familiar with TIRR, of course. I think highly of them. Given that we don't have sufficient money for clinical trials and most institutions expect to be paid to run clinical trials, it is difficult to approach institutions to participate in trials. It would be a lot easier if we had the funds. Lots of hospitals would want to join, including TIRR.

    Brackenridge had originally approached me two years ago to be involved in the trial. The Lone Star Foundation indicated their interest in supporting the trial. In fact, Governor Rick Perry indicated his support of the trial. They have a very good "recovery center" that was interested and willing to test the intensive walking training. They sent doctors to China to observe the surgery and walking program.

    We held an Open House in Austin about 2 years ago and talked about doing the trial in Austin to the community. The community has been waiting patiently for the trial. For that reason, I don't want to give up yet, even though we currently lack a principal investigator and surgeon for the trial. I am sure that we can find others. We also need to raise the funds.

    Wise.

  4. #344
    Senior Member mcferguson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    JM,

    Thanks for the recommendation. I am very familiar with TIRR, of course. I think highly of them. Given that we don't have sufficient money for clinical trials and most institutions expect to be paid to run clinical trials, it is difficult to approach institutions to participate in trials. It would be a lot easier if we had the funds. Lots of hospitals would want to join, including TIRR.

    Brackenridge had originally approached me two years ago to be involved in the trial. The Lone Star Foundation indicated their interest in supporting the trial. In fact, Governor Rick Perry indicated his support of the trial. They have a very good "recovery center" that was interested and willing to test the intensive walking training. They sent doctors to China to observe the surgery and walking program.

    We held an Open House in Austin about 2 years ago and talked about doing the trial in Austin to the community. The community has been waiting patiently for the trial. For that reason, I don't want to give up yet, even though we currently lack a principal investigator and surgeon for the trial. I am sure that we can find others. We also need to raise the funds.

    Wise.
    When I learned that the trial was in danger of not happening, I emailed Gov. Perry. I'm not sure what he or the governor's office could do. I haven't heard back, yet.
    T5/6, ASIA A, injured 30 Nov 08
    Future SCI Alumnus.
    I don't want to dance in the rain, I want to soar above the storm.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    JM,

    Thanks for the recommendation. I am very familiar with TIRR, of course. I think highly of them. Given that we don't have sufficient money for clinical trials and most institutions expect to be paid to run clinical trials, it is difficult to approach institutions to participate in trials. It would be a lot easier if we had the funds. Lots of hospitals would want to join, including TIRR.

    Brackenridge had originally approached me two years ago to be involved in the trial. The Lone Star Foundation indicated their interest in supporting the trial. In fact, Governor Rick Perry indicated his support of the trial. They have a very good "recovery center" that was interested and willing to test the intensive walking training. They sent doctors to China to observe the surgery and walking program.

    We held an Open House in Austin about 2 years ago and talked about doing the trial in Austin to the community. The community has been waiting patiently for the trial. For that reason, I don't want to give up yet, even though we currently lack a principal investigator and surgeon for the trial. I am sure that we can find others. We also need to raise the funds.

    Wise.

    Dr. Wise, Thank you for responding. I had 2 phases on TIRR's step program and gained some fuction in my lower left abdomen and can feel when my bladder is full. It was hard work, but well worth it! Next time I see my SCI Specialist at TIRR I am going to let them know about your research. I dream of tthe day I can wiggle my toes, keep up the good work. JM

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers7 View Post
    Dr. Wise, Thank you for responding. I had 2 phases on TIRR's step program and gained some fuction in my lower left abdomen and can feel when my bladder is full. It was hard work, but well worth it! Next time I see my SCI Specialist at TIRR I am going to let them know about your research. I dream of tthe day I can wiggle my toes, keep up the good work. JM
    That is great. Wise.

  7. #347
    Professor what are your plan now for clinical trials with UCBMC +LITHIUM+Rehab for China is USA.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by fti View Post
    Professor what are your plan now for clinical trials with UCBMC +LITHIUM+Rehab for China is USA.
    We are still hoping to get that trial going in Brackenridge Hospital in Texas. However, much depends whether we are able to find appropriate principal investigators for that trial.

    In the meantime, we are planning to start a clinical trial in New Jersey.

    Wise.

  9. #349
    when will start the clinical trial IN NEW Jersey ?
    Last edited by fti; 09-08-2012 at 01:04 PM.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by fti View Post
    when will start the clinical trial IN NEW Jersey ?



    an answer please professor

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 12:50 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 01:08 AM
  3. Ongoing NIH Grants for SCI
    By Steven Edwards in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 10:40 AM
  4. Dr.Young
    By pla9302 in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 02:08 PM
  5. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 03:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •