Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

What's the question?

Dr. Young is starting something special in upcoming human trials. There is alot of work being done on rats if you are interested. Many of us have faith in Wise's approach to a cure or improvement, and most of us are tired of seeing smiling rats in the backyard that have been cured.

Stay tuned for testing and maybe some results in the upcoming year.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Hi Dr. Wise and everyone,
    My name is Manu Esteve, I have a simple question,
    Does all the people who is going to participate in the future umbilical cord cell transplants need to provide those cells from their own female relative members?
    please excuse my ignorance
    Thank you very much
    Manu
    Manu, the cells will be HLA-matched and come from umbilical cord blood banked by Stemcyte. They are one of the largest (and in my opinion, best) commercial umbilical cord blood banking companies. The cells do not have to come from relatives. Wise.

Thanks!!
    Manu

just gave our year end donation

to the sciusa network.

Dollar a day? Done.

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    to the sciusa network.

Dollar a day? Done.
    Kate, thanks so much. Wise.

I put my van on ebay which I'm going to donate half the money to research. I was searching for nascinet but it wasn't there as an option. I saw Christopher reeves and Diana reeves foundation though. I would much rather donate directly to the network if possible. Anyone have any suggestions without it becoming overly complicated for my family to donate the money? Could start a trend of selling our old junk on ebay to fund the network
    Joe T.

Joe T.

Buttabean,

Great idea selling things on on eBay to raise money.
    Nascinet is the old name for the network, it is now The Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA) http://www.scinetusa.org/
    Rutgers University Foundation is the nonprofit collecting money for the network. If you need any help setting it up on eBay, let me know- jimbenn@rci.rutgers.edu

Hey Jim, I'm going to fill out the info for that link I posted. I'm guessing they'll be contacting you...
    Joe T.

Dr Young, I understand that Dr D. Kerr is leaving Johns Hopkins and going to Boston. Is this a discouragement to the cause or is it something positive? I was inquiring about a 2006 article that was published where he had success with stem cell with rats. I know you have mentioned him several times. I would like to know what the stauts of his research is at this time.

Thanks in advance,
    T.J.