Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 722

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

  1. #281
    Senior Member Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yankton, South Dakota
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Did not ask you Leo, but since replying - what are the advantages say for the IND system in the US?
    Sorry, I have no clue on that one.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

    "You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

    .."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

  2. #282
    Wise, what does the announcement today on federal funding for stem cell? Also, who is Dr. Daley at Rutgers? Do you work with him and do your works overlap?

    Thanks,
    T.J.

  3. #283
    Wise, there is a report thaqt Stem Cells Inc. is goin g to use cells to treat a juvinile disease to restore myelin. Do you know of this company, their focus, and if their therapy would apply to lother demylinating diseases. Specifically transverse myelitis or other diseases where restoration of myelin would be a major breakthrough. Thanks in advance.
    T.J.

  4. #284
    Wise, for conditions like transverse myelitis where no servered nerves are involved; does your project have any affect on these conditions? Hopefully it will; I'm sure you've investigated all the questions I may have and thank you for being a source of hope.

    thanks,
    T.J.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Wise, what does the announcement today on federal funding for stem cell? Also, who is Dr. Daley at Rutgers? Do you work with him and do your works overlap?

    Thanks,
    T.J.
    T. J.,

    I know a George Daiey who is a stem cell scientist at the Children's Hospital at Harvard. http://www.childrenshospital.org/cfa...pageS92P0.html

    I am not sure that I know a Dr. Daley at Rutgers.

    Wise.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Wise, there is a report thaqt Stem Cells Inc. is goin g to use cells to treat a juvinile disease to restore myelin. Do you know of this company, their focus, and if their therapy would apply to lother demylinating diseases. Specifically transverse myelitis or other diseases where restoration of myelin would be a major breakthrough. Thanks in advance.
    T.J.
    Yes, this company is treating Batten's disease. Wise.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Wise, for conditions like transverse myelitis where no servered nerves are involved; does your project have any affect on these conditions? Hopefully it will; I'm sure you've investigated all the questions I may have and thank you for being a source of hope.

    thanks,
    T.J.
    At a recent meeting, Doug Kerr at Johns Hopkins was talking about using glial-restricted precursors to treat transverse myelitis. I am not sure that I understand TM well enough. For example, I am not sure whether it is just demyelination.

    Wise.

  8. #288
    Our local Arby's is also doing an evening fund raiser this month for the spinal cord injuries trials here in the USA. I previously announced they would be doing one for Dr. Stephen Davies, but they have also consented to do one for Dr. Wise Young to get the clinical trials funded here in the United States.

    I am thankful that my community is willing to help fund the trials and research to end paralysis once and for all.

  9. #289
    Thank you Wise; good luck.

    T.J.

  10. #290

    umbilical cord cell transplants

    Hi Dr. Wise and everyone,
    My name is Manu Esteve, I have a simple question,
    Does all the people who is going to participate in the future umbilical cord cell transplants need to provide those cells from their own female relative members?
    please excuse my ignorance
    Thank you very much
    Manu

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 12:50 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 01:08 AM
  3. Ongoing NIH Grants for SCI
    By Steven Edwards in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 10:40 AM
  4. Dr.Young
    By pla9302 in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 02:08 PM
  5. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 03:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •