Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Did not ask you Leo, but since replying - what are the advantages say for the IND system in the US?
    Sorry, I have no clue on that one.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Wise, what does the announcement today on federal funding for stem cell? Also, who is Dr. Daley at Rutgers? Do you work with him and do your works overlap?

Thanks,
    T.J.

Wise, there is a report thaqt Stem Cells Inc. is goin g to use cells to treat a juvinile disease to restore myelin. Do you know of this company, their focus, and if their therapy would apply to lother demylinating diseases. Specifically transverse myelitis or other diseases where restoration of myelin would be a major breakthrough. Thanks in advance.
    T.J.

Wise, for conditions like transverse myelitis where no servered nerves are involved; does your project have any affect on these conditions? Hopefully it will; I'm sure you've investigated all the questions I may have and thank you for being a source of hope.

thanks,
    T.J.

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Wise, what does the announcement today on federal funding for stem cell? Also, who is Dr. Daley at Rutgers? Do you work with him and do your works overlap?

Thanks,
    T.J.
    T. J.,

I know a George Daiey who is a stem cell scientist at the Children's Hospital at Harvard. http://www.childrenshospital.org/cfa...pageS92P0.html

I am not sure that I know a Dr. Daley at Rutgers.

Wise.

Wise, there is a report thaqt Stem Cells Inc. is goin g to use cells to treat a juvinile disease to restore myelin. Do you know of this company, their focus, and if their therapy would apply to lother demylinating diseases. Specifically transverse myelitis or other diseases where restoration of myelin would be a major breakthrough. Thanks in advance.
    T.J.
    Yes, this company is treating Batten's disease. Wise.

Wise, for conditions like transverse myelitis where no servered nerves are involved; does your project have any affect on these conditions? Hopefully it will; I'm sure you've investigated all the questions I may have and thank you for being a source of hope.

thanks,
    T.J.
    At a recent meeting, Doug Kerr at Johns Hopkins was talking about using glial-restricted precursors to treat transverse myelitis. I am not sure that I understand TM well enough. For example, I am not sure whether it is just demyelination.

Wise.

Our local Arby's is also doing an evening fund raiser this month for the spinal cord injuries trials here in the USA. I previously announced they would be doing one for Dr. Stephen Davies, but they have also consented to do one for Dr. Wise Young to get the clinical trials funded here in the United States.

I am thankful that my community is willing to help fund the trials and research to end paralysis once and for all.

Thank you Wise; good luck.

T.J.

umbilical cord cell transplants

Hi Dr. Wise and everyone,
    My name is Manu Esteve, I have a simple question,
    Does all the people who is going to participate in the future umbilical cord cell transplants need to provide those cells from their own female relative members?
    please excuse my ignorance
    Thank you very much
    Manu