Page 28 of 72 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Wise, USCD AND USI have announced progress with rats of course, and others like Purdue University and others. All lab work but coming in bunches. Just wanted to know if you think are legite and could progress to human trials in the near future. I'm lookimn forward to your trials and hope they are successful.

thanks in advance,
    T.J.

dr wise

you say you are starting trials next year will this be early in the year if so how long will phase 1 last then 2 and so on i know you will say that is what the trials is for but you must have a good idea i know you have been ask this be four but humour me

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Wise, USCD AND USI have announced progress with rats of course, and others like Purdue University and others. All lab work but coming in bunches. Just wanted to know if you think are legite and could progress to human trials in the near future. I'm lookimn forward to your trials and hope they are successful.

thanks in advance,
    T.J.
    T. J.,

Please look in the Cure Forum. I have commented on each of develops as they have been posted. In general, most of them are still not at the point where they are ready for clinical trial. When they are not legitimate, I usually say so. When I think that they are exciting or important, I also say so. Please ask your questions with more specificity and I can answer.

Regarding when the clinical trials will start, I have also posted extensively about them. Some may start in early 2010. For example, we are hoping to get the Hong Kong phase 2 UCMBC trial going at the beginning of the year. The phase 3 will probably take until the end of 2010 because we still have to get FDA approval.

Wise.

Dr. Wise my question was, if with this research the "spinal scar tissue" is the issue of the scar solved ?

http://gtresearchnews.gatech.edu/new...car-tissue.htm

how long might it take before they use the test for human trials ?
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Wise, I'm referrimg to UCSan Diego whose researchers indicated that thy have been able to regenerate nerves thru damaged are and reconnect to proper nerve on other side with rats. UCIrvine has published findings recently with the head investigator whom I think you know. Only trials, probably with rats. Purdue University just announced a more powerful form of the 4-ap drug that Acordia is using for MS and potentailly for spinal cord injuries. I hope this is more specific. Thanks for all your work and authenticity.

Wise, I sent you a response, and hope I ansewered your question. I'm sure you have knowledge of these or have seen the reposrt on these. I hope you get FDA approval for your methods soon for 2010. Good luck to you and all of us who are waiting for human testing.

T.J.

ko- What is FDA and IND?

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    ko- What is FDA and IND?
    Food and Drug Administration

Investigational New Drug (IND)
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Food and Drug Administration

Investigational New Drug (IND)
    Did not ask you Leo, but since replying - what are the advantages say for the IND system in the US?

I know the minuses, re IND, say as for EU.