Page 26 of 72 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

hello

dear young wise you'd seen in neurological recovery in the test phase 1 and 2 with lithium?

Quote Originally Posted by fti View Post
    hello

dear young wise you'd seen in neurological recovery in the test phase 1 and 2 with lithium?
    The first trial was not a controlled trial but we did not see any significant recovery compared to pre-treatment levels. We have not yet unblinded the second study and so I do not know yet. Wise.

What is the possible date of unblinding the second study? Curious minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by momo3 View Post
    What is the possible date of unblinding the second study? Curious minds want to know.
    momo3, I think he said November.

Stem Cell news

University of California San Diego- Drs have seen that chronic conditions in rats have shown to be improved thru their research. Date of announcement 10,28,2009.

Keeping on... Ya, from what Treatment?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Wise, I notice Dr D. Kerr at John Hopkins is working on transverse myelitis. Is he working on acute only or chronic in addition. I understand that transverse myelitis is considered a chronic condition. Do you agree? What damage is a candidate for improvement ?
    Thanks in advance
    T.J.

Dr. Wise, you have heard of Dr. Xu He has presented in the V.S. and tarapie of a Schwann cell bridge in rats placed gel matrix where nerve fibers and through ingroeiden the growth factors BDNF and NT-3 again on a limited scale grew. But he has now added the growth factor GDNF so much more fiber and Chondroitinase ABC ingroeiden leaving many more nerve fibers grew which made connections with the nerve fibers to the other side of the lesion and long distance grew. Unfortunately he has not given any indication when he expects to be ready for people to try it on.

have you hear of him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
    Dr. Wise, you have heard of Dr. Xu He has presented in the V.S. and tarapie of a Schwann cell bridge in rats placed gel matrix where nerve fibers and through ingroeiden the growth factors BDNF and NT-3 again on a limited scale grew. But he has now added the growth factor GDNF so much more fiber and Chondroitinase ABC ingroeiden leaving many more nerve fibers grew which made connections with the nerve fibers to the other side of the lesion and long distance grew. Unfortunately he has not given any indication when he expects to be ready for people to try it on.

have you hear of him ?
    Yes, Xiao Ming Xu is one of my best friends and, in my opinion, a great spinal cord injury researcher who is very much committed to the field. He is now a chair professor at the University of Indiana where there is state funding for spinal cord injury research. He comes quite a lot to China to visit ChinaSCINet.

Wise.

thank you verry much of your answer,
    and do you know anything about his clinical trials, and wen do this start