Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 716

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

  1. #191
    Is stemcyte affiliated with scinetusa clinical trials ? Trying to group each up and coming trial in order by location...

  2. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedinself View Post
    Is stemcyte affiliated with scinetusa clinical trials ? Trying to group each up and coming trial in order by location...
    LIS, Stemcyte is providing the Umbilical Cord Blood Mononuclear Cells for the SCINetUSA Trials.

    SymKat, we also have a Facebook Cause- http://apps.facebook.com/causes/269542

  3. #193

    Smile Dr wise

    Dr wise this good news
    let me get this straight what you are saying is that if the FDA gives you the go head you are ready to start in January 2010 ?? PS can you see why they would not ? i do hope all goes well when will it be roll out to us in 1 year or 2 or more can it be really be this close
    Last edited by skeaman; 09-14-2009 at 09:17 AM. Reason: add aother bit

  4. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by skeaman View Post
    Dr wise this good news
    let me get this straight what you are saying is that if the FDA gives you the go head you are ready to start in January 2010 ?? PS can you see why they would not ? i do hope all goes well when will it be roll out to us in 1 year or 2 or more can it be really be this close
    It is hard to predict what the FDA will do. We are using non-manipulated umbilical cord blood cells (just isolated mononuclear cells) and lithium should not pose any safety issues. We are also using cells provided by the best umbilical cord blood company that has provided over 1000 units of cells for transplantation for other conditions (hematopoietic and oncological conditions). So, one would expect relatively fast approval. However, because there have been very few non-autologous transplantations approved by the FDA in the past decade, they may require additional animal safety. We will go ahead as fast as we can.

    As far as when the treatment will be available to the general population, much depends on the results. If we have robust results indicating safety and benefit, I expect that there will be rapid availability.

    Wise.

  5. #195

    Thumbs up Dr wise

    well i do hope they do past this
    do they not know how hard for us to keep your spirits up i think i can speak for every one and hope it does not end up like the Geron trial's why i ask about rolling it out is that am not in the USA their for it would take longer for the rest world to get it ?? for we would have to convince the government here that it works Not putting you on the spot but do you hope to see things move quickly i know you say that is what the trial's is for but can you not let your guard down and tell us more

    once again i must thank you for the work you are doing

  6. #196
    "The inclusion criteria will be 18-64 years, C5 through T10, able to stand in a standing frame for at least one hour per day, and informed consent."

    Are ASIA A or B still required
    jbs

  7. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    17,427
    To use so-called none controversial cells – hey, to use any cells. I could pick any pubmed studies and say to the community – hey come on. But why the non-compliance. One can’t take pubmed, inject it to a chronic cord and say it will be ok. The discussions have become Dr. Geeta Shroff alike, which I thought was scrutinised and discussed seriously. Many then flies around the world with CC followers advocating for UCB injections, which does not make anything any better. In fact, it does not help research for SCI, because SCI and more SCI research are not mentioned! I give up.

    Last edited by Leif; 09-16-2009 at 09:40 PM.

  8. #198
    Senior Member Leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Yankton, South Dakota
    Posts
    4,005
    Knowing this I think we sci should have our letters of support ready come public comment time.

    Someone up to drafting a generic sample we could use.



    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    It is hard to predict what the FDA will do. We are using non-manipulated umbilical cord blood cells (just isolated mononuclear cells) and lithium should not pose any safety issues. We are also using cells provided by the best umbilical cord blood company that has provided over 1000 units of cells for transplantation for other conditions (hematopoietic and oncological conditions). So, one would expect relatively fast approval. However, because there have been very few non-autologous transplantations approved by the FDA in the past decade, they may require additional animal safety. We will go ahead as fast as we can.

    As far as when the treatment will be available to the general population, much depends on the results. If we have robust results indicating safety and benefit, I expect that there will be rapid availability.

    Wise.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

    "You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

    .."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

  9. #199
    Junior Member capt'n mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Evergreen, Colorado
    Posts
    5
    Has lithium and umbilical cord blood been effective in rats? Are there any positive results from the trials in China?

  10. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by capt'n mark View Post
    Has lithium and umbilical cord blood been effective in rats? Are there any positive results from the trials in China?
    Both umbilical cord blood and lithium have had positive results on their own in trial. The trials are just starting and therefore no results are available. Wise.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 12:50 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 01:08 AM
  3. Ongoing NIH Grants for SCI
    By Steven Edwards in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 10:40 AM
  4. Dr.Young
    By pla9302 in forum Cure
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 02:08 PM
  5. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 03:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •