Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Kratos,

I believe any medical center in the US is eligible to join SCINetUSA. There are presently about 9 centers interested in taking part. We hope to bring more centers on board in the US and expand so other countries can begin their own networks.
    Last edited by Jim; 06-15-2009 at 03:59 PM.

Is there a Facebook group yet?

I'm game

Joined and made a contribution...Now I feel good

We are in the process of changing the name of the network to SCINetUSA. So, I am changing the title of this topic. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    We are in the process of changing the name of the network to SCINetUSA. So, I am changing the title of this topic. Wise.
    sounds like something from the Terminator movieya like it!
    http://www.facebook.com/ivicamaotze.rod

Just an idea folks, but could someone set up a "printable" business card on this site?? I am asking because I thought that if I could print out cards with the donation for a "Dollar a Day" campaign, I would hand them out to every person that asks me if I need help with anything. I would love to be able to tell them, "I can handle this...but you can help me with this" (hand them the card)...

Also, i think it would be beneficial to have a patch or logo that we can attach to our chair backs or back packs....kind-of like a rolling billboard. Never underestimate the power of advertising...

I see one of the problems with donations to SCI causes is the lack of a clearly defined and easy accessible donation destination. Clearly, if one wishes to donate to cancer research, they needn't look far to find a place to send donations...this is not the case with SCI. I have found most SCI causes to be somewhat confusing and not well defined. The Dollar a Day campaign should help alleviate this by cleaning up the process.

I am willing to help any way I can, and I have no problem asking freinds/family/strangers to donate, but I need to have a clearly defined recipient in mind and I have to know what I am asking donations for.

Self-printed business cards look cheap & will cost more for material (ink/paper) in the long run. If this idea takes off, let me know & I can get them professionally printed (on 14pt glossy card stock + UV coating) relatively inexpensively (roughly $10 for 100 or $15 for 250, + shipping to your door).

Chip,

We have a logo, what do you think?
    Any suggestions as to where we should advertise?

This is the website where people will learn about The Spinal Cord Injury Clinical Trial Network USA (SCINetUSA), and contribute. http://justadollarplease.org/

Like the website?

The SCINetUSA website is being redone now.

I love it. ChipS, I agree with you. I, too, would like to place signs, etc. at local businesses. I live in a tourist area and now is the summer season. This is when we have the most people here. Looking forward to sending out the letters to my address book too.