Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667 LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    I got up here to read all about it and see what everybody had to say. I haven’t even seen the announcement up here that the trial has been approved by the FDA. Anyway it has been approved by the FDA! Clinical trials will finally begin in the US.
    It was posted here in Jan

Hey Jim. This is indeed good news! It's been a while since I checked the site but I'm really glad that I did. Congratulations Wise and to everybody who helps him and supports him in any and every way. I have a question. My daughter is pregnant with what will probably be our last grandchild. Is there any benefit to us storing the umbilical cord blood for possibly using it for me? I don't know the science behind what is going on here, but at one time storing umbilical cord blood seem to be an option. My injury is C5/C6 complete. I was injured in late 1993. So, a big hello to everybody on this forum and those who support it in any way! It is all of you that give people like me hope of a brighter future! Looking forward to the results of these upcoming trials. Take care everybody!
    Here's Hoping!

Jim, you got anything from the most recent open house that you can share?

Quote Originally Posted by DougB View Post
    Hey Jim. This is indeed good news! It's been a while since I checked the site but I'm really glad that I did. Congratulations Wise and to everybody who helps him and supports him in any and every way. I have a question. My daughter is pregnant with what will probably be our last grandchild. Is there any benefit to us storing the umbilical cord blood for possibly using it for me? I don't know the science behind what is going on here, but at one time storing umbilical cord blood seem to be an option. My injury is C5/C6 complete. I was injured in late 1993. So, a big hello to everybody on this forum and those who support it in any way! It is all of you that give people like me hope of a brighter future! Looking forward to the results of these upcoming trials. Take care everybody!
    Hey Doug,

The chances are, the cord blood won't be useful for your grand child's parents, or you. The great thing about umbilical cord blood is that it can be matched just like blood. I would bank it for your grandchild.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    Jim, you got anything from the most recent open house that you can share?
    Barrington, once the IRB's approve the clinical trial protocol, recruitmen will begin. I think we are still looking at a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Barrington, once the IRB's approve the clinical trial protocol, recruitmen will begin. I think we are still looking at a few months.
    Thank you Jim, I've been wondering where we are in the process.

Great Jim. Thank you.

Nice article on a talk Dr. Young gave here: https://norcalsci.org/news/2019/4/21...ming-us-trials
    Not so much detail, but nice to know things are moving on.

Hi Jim, so does that mean it finally passed the FDA and now the final step before trial (no pun intended) is the IRB's? Thanks
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

It was posted here in Jan
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...BlNyq3Ux0t_kEc

once the IRB's approve the clinical trial protocol, recruitment will begin. I think we are still looking at a few months.

Thank you for responding in Jim's behalf by copy/pasting links of posts that I have already read. I asked because before I had the impression that the FDA was the last obstacle to get the trials going. Learned now that we're waiting for the IRB approval, I asked JIM if there's any other approvals that are left pending or this is it for sure this time.
    "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
    ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***