Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Update
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Update

I assume that LMN injuries are still not involved in it? As I understand it once you get to T9 injuries go more UMM or LMN. My injury is at T9/10 and while I had atrophy and didn?t respond to what used to be the 500 pulse width estim. I do respond to the RTI 3000 pulse width pretty well. I also have a very elastic bladder. So I would say I have both UMN and LMN, so I question the thinking that I and many others would not benefit from this treatment. Any thoughts or updates on LMN research? Thanks!

Thanks Jim.

Thanks for update Jim

this therapy won’t benefit me as it’s being tested now because I’m Asia D. But I hope it makes it through and becomes available, just to get rid of the wide belief that SCI is untreatable.

Update

This Sounds great but I wouldn't be Totally truthful if I didn't pose the question of 'when will we be about to see actual videos of the patients ' and other media stuff... This type of recovery is something I would like to be able to "see" ideally
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Lyerly,

Inclusion for the trial is C5-T10. I attached something Wise wrote about lumbosacral injuries. One of our researchers has been working on this for a few years.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jim are y’all not doing untethering anymore? It didn’t say anything about it for SCInetUSA. Also what is the plan of attack for hands?
    Last edited by #LHB#; 07-10-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Lyerly,

Inclusion for the trial is C5-T10. I attached something Wise wrote about lumbosacral injuries. One of our researchers has been working on this for a few years.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyerly View Post
    Thank you!
    re this lumbosacral research : still no sign of an abstract, a hypothesis, a researcher name, a poster, a paper or a grant award. But we'll take your word for it Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    re this lumbosacral research : still no sign of an abstract, a hypothesis, a researcher name, a poster, a paper or a grant award. But we'll take your word for it Jim.
    Like with most low level injuries, I have a great understanding and appreciation that I am fortunate to have full use of my upper body but many of us have BBS issues and we things like atrophy we have to really worry about pressure sores and and muscle tissue becoming fat and possibly too far gone for use it and when a treatment comes.

i think it is wrong to exclude LMN injuries from a lot of things like the epidural implant etc. I understood it that peripheral nerves regenerate, making it possible that mine might have and the majority of my problems is in the straight line of the cord. As I mentioned I have a very spastic bladder, so I would expect to possibly benefit with bladder improvement or even recovery but nobody knows until they try. Maybe I won’t benefkt as much as some but think there will be a large varying degree of benefit for most people. LMN treatments seem a long long way off.