Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 105051525354555657585960

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    True collaboration is only possible with transparency. Most PhD candidates and their mentors are very open about dissertations that are being worked upon. Why the secrecy here? If it smells like bs......
    This 1+ year study, overseen by 2 MD-PhD's with 60 years of combined SCI research experience is bs because I won't talk about it on a public message board? That is just silly. Has nothing to do with secrecy, would be very inappropriate for me to talk about their study on a public message board. Not sure why you can't grasp that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    This 1+ year study, overseen by 2 MD-PhD's with 60 years of combined SCI research experience is bs because I won't talk about it on a public message board? That is just silly. Has nothing to do with secrecy, would be very inappropriate for me to talk about their study on a public message board. Not sure why you can't grasp that.
    I think you miss the point entirely Jim - as usual! If you can't talk about who or what it is you should stop telling the poor LMN injuries that come on here under the impression that you are working on LMN therapies. If you trace the threads back on this topic you (and Wise) have been claiming this work has been ongoing for 5+ years - which is 1/6th of the combined SCI research experience the two MDs you mention have and x5 times the length of study you have just revealed. See I can do numbers too.

Quote Originally Posted by niallel View Post
    Thanks, that makes it sound like the plan is to train lots and lots of people.

If it happens thats great, but I imagine it will be a huge task to accomplish.

It would make sense to run a trial group that uses a Lokomat to see if it works as well. If it works just as well it would result in a big increase in sales for them, so it would be a good investment for them to fund it.
    I've seen that the Cyberdyne HAL is being used for locomotor training as well.

There is a trial going in the US for it https://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT03504826 - https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300607244.html

I remember a trial that was also used in trials with VR headsets as well in Germany, but can't find the links to it.

As it uses the signals from muscles to work, would the umbilical cord cells used in the scinet trials give people the ability to trigger the muscles?
    Or would triggering the CPG in turn cause the muscles to work, which in turn would be enhanced by the Cyberdyne HAL?

Quote Originally Posted by parapete View Post
    Here lists some great studies that might be of interest to you pelican:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ear-round/amp/

https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman...lling-you.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ent...amphtml/281734

I know for myself it?s been a work in progress but I wouldn?t be able to do all that I do and lead life I do without that background work.
    Ok, but what FPF is doing here it is simply a reality check or fact checking if you like.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    I think you miss the point entirely Jim - as usual! If you can't talk about who or what it is you should stop telling the poor LMN injuries that come on here under the impression that you are working on LMN therapies. If you trace the threads back on this topic you (and Wise) have been claiming this work has been ongoing for 5+ years - which is 1/6th of the combined SCI research experience the two MDs you mention have and x5 times the length of study you have just revealed. See I can do numbers too.
    Now I would love to see how Wise would answer to this post.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Fly just curious what other labs you have ever talked to that revealed who/what/when/where about their research? Damn dude. They use to come up here and talk about things all the time but because of attitudes like yours in that post they quit. Not exactly sure why you’re so ill with someone that is trying to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    Fly just curious what other labs you have ever talked to that revealed who/what/when/where about their research? Damn dude. They use to come up here and talk about things all the time but because of attitudes like yours in that post they quit. Not exactly sure why you’re so ill with someone that is trying to help you.
    Yup I now know why Dr. Young has stopped posting. Wouldn't surprise me if Jim stopped posting as well.

Fly just curious what other labs you have ever talked to that revealed who/what/when/where about their research?
    Errmmm all of them are transparent. It's normal to be transparent about projects - at least as far as approaches, hypotheses and abstracts.

Damn dude. They use to come up here and talk about things all the time but because of attitudes like yours in that post they quit.
    Believe it or not, CareCure is not the centre of the SCI cure universe. I know that can be hard to fathom for some of you long-time CC loyalists.

I don't see what your problem is about my asking for transparency on something that has been allegedly worked upon for over 5 years. I have been injured long enough and have seen the guts of this field (including under what conditions the money flows) to feel I can ask for some transparency on work that has been claimed (on this forum) to be underway for over 5 years without so much as a name, an abstract or hypothesis.

And don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with Jim saying something like "we have had some resource/financial constraints and have had to divert them to another project", "we have hit some roadblocks on sourcing the appropriate cells due to the earthquake in Japan" or "the first 3 hypotheses didn't play out so we're working on another iteration now". But he doesn't do that. He just says "our lab is working on it" and you all lap it up or give me crap for asking!

I can stop asking these questions if they offend you or burst your hopeful bubbles. I really don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky831 View Post
    Yup I now know why Dr. Young has stopped posting. Wouldn't surprise me if Jim stopped posting as well.
    No, Wise stopped posting because he's too busy. That is what Jim has repeatedly said. Unless you are calling Jim a liar.