Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1757585960616263646566676869707172 LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Network USA (SCINetUSA)

Jim about when do we get media?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

No, not posted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    No, not posted yet.
    Do you mean not posted yet, or not recruiting yet?

If not posted yet, what's this trial?
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03979742

Not recruiting

Question regarding umbilical cord blood and tissue

[QUOTE=Jim;1877089]Hey Doug,

"The chances are, the cord blood won't be useful for your grand child's parents, or you. The great thing about umbilical cord blood is that it can be matched just like blood. I would bank it for your grandchild."

We have stored and are paying for umbilical cord blood and tissue from 2 babies from 2 different families and are expecting a third at the end of the year. Stemcyte understood that we were storing for our son, a C6-7 Asia A. Do I understand that this will not work as an option for my son when we get to the point of compassionate use, if it were to match?

I understand from Stemcyte when the second unit was stored, that this blood and tissue could not be made available to others if it were not to be a match for my son? My hope was that in the same manner as organ transplants..., that multiple families with sometimes different organs, might align for umbilical cord blood swaps to make available matched stem cells for those in need. Is this being considered?

Thank you, Jim!

Once recalled Dr. Young saying years ago that when doing the stem cell implants in China, that the cord blood cells had to come from the US from (I think) Stemcyte. At that time, there were 30,000 possible sets of cells to choose from. But, the cells had to be HLA matched to the recipient by 5 or 6 markers. And, for each recipient, there were only 5-6 sets of cells that matched the recipient out of the 30,000 in the bank. Jim may be able to correct if I am recalling incorrectly.

Therefore, in my humble opinion, do not be discouraged from storing umbilical cord blood cells. Those individual cells you have stored may not be fitting for your son, but may possibly be use on another person based on the HLA matching. Maybe one day my C-6 son, 13 years post injury, will be the lucky recipient of your gift of cells.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 6 Shooter View Post
    Once recalled Dr. Young saying years ago that when doing the stem cell implants in China, that the cord blood cells had to come from the US from (I think) Stemcyte. At that time, there were 30,000 possible sets of cells to choose from. But, the cells had to be HLA matched to the recipient by 5 or 6 markers. And, for each recipient, there were only 5-6 sets of cells that matched the recipient out of the 30,000 in the bank. Jim may be able to correct if I am recalling incorrectly

Therefore, in my humble opinion, do not be discouraged from storing umbilical cord blood cells. Those individual cells you have stored may not be fitting for your son, but may possibly be use on another person based on the HLA matching. Maybe one day my C-6 son, 13 years post injury, will be the lucky recipient of your gift of cells.

This is one of the smartest, altruistic, forward thinking posts I've ever read here!

vlog

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Thanks for the report, Parth.

If I recall, some are able to make it to Kunming Level IV?

Are there any plans to do Vlogs of the individuals as they are walking during the upcoming study?

It is obvious that someone overlooked that very critical piece in the prior work done in China hopefully the mistake won't be repeated again.

Forward

Quote Originally Posted by spayne View Post
    Are there any plans to do Vlogs of the individuals as they are walking during the upcoming study?

It is obvious that someone overlooked that very critical piece in the prior work done in China hopefully the mistake won't be repeated again.

Forward

I can never get an answer to this, but it's what I stay askin
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature