Thread: Let’s Start U.S. Clinical Trials Now!

Let’s Start U.S. Clinical Trials Now!

Greetings Fellow CareCure Members,

I‘m Jim Bennett and I work at the W.M. Keck Center, Spinal Cord Injury Project, at Rutgers University. I am asking you to join me in launching spinal cord injury clinical trials in the United States!

On March 17, 2009, The North American Spinal Cord Injury Network (NASCINet) was formed. This came at the conclusion of the First Investigator Meeting at University Medical Center Brackenridge in Austin, Texas. The goal of the network is to test promising therapies to restore function in people with chronic spinal cord injuries (SCI).

We, the SCI Community, can and must support these trials by raising the needed funds. If we take an active role and work together, clinical trials for SCI will begin this year!

I am building a network of recruiters, “The Clinical Trial Support Squad”, whose goal is to procure donations from 100 individuals and families. We will use social networking websites such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter to reach potential donors.

If you would like to join “The Clinical Trial Support Squad” and get these trials going now, email me- jimbenn@rci.rutgers.edu.

Thank you! Jim

More details on the trials are at http://nascinet.org

We are finishing the websites in preparation to launch the NASCINet fundraising campaign and will be sending out eNewsletters (which you can forward to friends) to drive traffic to the websites where people can donate-

I need your email addresses! jimbenn@rci.rutgers.edu

We have changed the name of the network from the North American Spinal Cord Injury Network to "Spinal Cord Injury Network USA" or SCINetUSA.

Here is a video which was filmed at the Keck Center during last fridays Open House. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2PACPLMPNU

i think ppl would give at the same rate if it was $5.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We have changed the name of the network from the North American Spinal Cord Injury Network to "Spinal Cord Injury Network USA" or SCINetUSA.
    Kind of leaves those in Canada or Mexico out of the picture, doesn't it??
    (KLD)

I believe their networks will be SCINetCAN/SCINetMEX

Professir X filmed a video at the Center last friday-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2PACPLMPNU

Jim:

Is there a way for people to mail in one dollar instead of using their credit card? Some people may prefer to send a check or money to the cause through the mail. Is this an option?

By the way, I would suggest that several people donate a dollar and this could be sent in a single envelope. As DA points out, $5 donations would get to a million dollars faster.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

PN,

Donations can be mailed directly to the Keck Center:

JustADollarPlease.org
    604 Allison Road, D-251
    Piscataway, NJ 08854 USA

Please include your neatly written address and email so I can add you to our database.

If you would like to take part in our eNewsletter Fundraising Campaign please send me your info- jimbenn@rci.rutgers.edu