Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wish Me Luck!

Do the best you can, and don't kiss the pavement! Best of luck- Pam

I looked you two up in the Sun this morning. Congrats I say, toot that horn!
    'hope the constitutional law exam went alright.

Glad to see you back in the race. Hope it was an amazing day for you.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Thank you, everyone! My goal for this 10k was to make it under an hour, but to be truthful, my real goal was just to finish it. Pushing to the startline from where we parked was nerve-wracking because it was all uphill and I realized how differently I now push since I've lost the ability to bend most of my spine. Instead of flexing my entire spine, I'm now pushing mainly with my upper back and mostly with my arms.

The highest adrenaline rush I have ever experienced during a race was going downhill, pretty much after the start. It was the steepest hill I've ever raced down and I clocked 64 km on my CatEye. I was racing down so fast that if I were to shift my weight even a little, I would have wiped out. It reminded me of those drag races where the slighest shift in movement causes the racecar to spin out of control.

The kissing-pavement hill I spoke of was truly horiffic, and although I had been told nightmarish stories about it, nothing could have prepared me for how brutal it actually was. I actually slowed down to moving maybe an inch a minute. I did keep moving though because it felt like if I were to stop to rest, I'd roll backwards. There were people who were cheering me all along, including a cop who was working as a marshall (race marshall) at the top of the hill. I think they all could see the pain on my face. Ha ha. Making it up and over that hill was probably the most fulfilling thing I have done in a very long time. It felt somewhat like a metaphor because the last two years have been an uphill battle and getting over that hill physically made me feel like I'm ready to take on anything that will come my way.

My finishing time was 51:26, so I made it under an hour, and finished faster than my very first Sun Run, which is a relief because at least I'm not starting completely over again. It's a huge difference from my best time, but I am absolutely stoked and I can't stop smiling. Now I've befriended Ibuprofen and I'm looking forward to my next 10k which is next Sunday.

You are amazing in many ways. Superstar.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Congrats on your race Sounds nice with the adrenaline rush, 64 km is fast enough
    TH 12, 43 years post

Wow,that's an amazing time!I'm glad you did and feel so well,good luck on your next race!

Great news, Kiran! Keep at it and you'll be bringing gold home to Canada soon!
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Great result! And all those wellwishers from CC brought you dry weather contrary to the forecast.

Curious to know what street the steep hill is on.