Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Malone Procedure

Cameljoe
    I met with Dr. Levitt and his team and they are very impressive. I am older than your son and have a cervical injury but Dr. Levitt thinks I am a very good candidate. I am currently considering having him do the procedure after I have a few more conversations with my local doctors. Do you know any other With spinal cord injuries, especially with cervical injuries, who have had the procedure done?
    Thank you for sharing your story

I will let the true experts - those who have had the procedure, answer your questions.
    CKF

I don't know of any others who have had the procedure done except the one mentioned in the previous post. I can't say enough about Dr. Levitt and the Malone Procedure. Good luck to you and hope it simplifies your life as much as it has for our family.

Hi I'm a quadriplegic and my mother who is 70 years old has been helping me perform my bowel program for the last 26 years. As she is getting up there in age, I am desperately looking for ways to complete my BP on my own. I've come across the Malone method and would like to find any information I can about it. Are y'all still happy to have this procedure done?
    Thanks,
    Danielle in Louisiana
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-19-2018 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Removed e-mail address

Danielle, I removed your personal e-mail address. It is unwise to post this in a public forum like this. People can respond to your questions here on this post, or send you a Private Message. You may also get more responses by starting a new thread rather than pulling up threads about this topic that are years old.

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-19-2018 at 03:27 AM.
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
    I've never heard of this. Your bm comes out your belly button?
    Enema goes in appendix connected to your belly button and then shit comes out the usual place. Then clean up after in the shower as usual. It washes out the whole of the large bowel so no pants shitting for 24h.

Urologist want's my appendix for Mitrofanoff, but that may just be a thought bubble in which case I can save it for this.

Appendix in an adult is barely long enough and if stretched no blood flow and then it dies.

Thank you