Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hand controls on the steering wheel

How did you stay in the seat so well?!? I'm very strong and with my grip on the hand control plus the steering wheel I thought something would break. Plus I couldn't drive well! Putting in race seats with a five point was one of my favorite mods.
    Andrew

Does anyone have Guidosimplex's "the duck" automatic clutch? How well does it work?

Long ago when I was shopping for an old roadster I was looking into an auto clutch and the only company I found did $10k installs on big rig trucks. I was fortunate to find an '82 Fiat Spider with an auto transmission, but I'd love to know if "the duck" works.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron H View Post
    I'm also wondering how the accelerator ring will work with my car since the paddle shifters are mounted on the steering wheel. Press with the thumb on the top inside of the steering wheel to upshift, squeeze with the fingers on the underside of the wheel to downshift.
    Moving paddle shifters around and changing the throttle ring from front to back of steering wheel is a no brainer.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulScream View Post
    How did you stay in the seat so well?!? I'm very strong and with my grip on the hand control plus the steering wheel I thought something would break. Plus I couldn't drive well! Putting in race seats with a five point was one of my favorite mods.
    The C6 sport seats have decent lateral support plus I cinch the seatbelt down as tight as it will go; I also use the door for lateral support on right corners (the cockpit is a fair amount narrower than either my C4 or C5). I've tried out several race seats but the car is my daily driver so most of those options wouldn't work too well but I would love a harness. I've also looked at other aftermarket seats, such as Caravaggio, which provide much more lateral support but they are about $5K with sending in your seats...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing View Post
    Moving paddle shifters around and changing the throttle ring from front to back of steering wheel is a no brainer.
    C.
    This is something I'll have to look into. I don't know if you can move the paddle shifters on the Corvette but had the Guido Simplex gentleman in Idaho suggest the under-ring as well. Bottom line is I need to test drive it to see how it feels and works for me. I am very anxious to do so as I'm confident it will allow me to drive more like I did before the injury. It's amazing how much control you sacrifice with only one hand on the steering wheel.

Thanks for the input. Aaron