Thread: Serious problem with wheel and axle

Serious problem with wheel and axle

I just bought new spinergy SLX wheels. I bought the correct axle that sportaid told me to buy 4 3/4". They sent we 4 1/2" by accident (which didn't work) so I got my new axles today and they fit but they are a little too long. There is about 1/2" space, the wheel doesn't actually come out but what gives? I tried to screw the bolt on more but that didn't seem to work either. Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by Seenkid101; 04-16-2009 at 03:15 PM.
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Hmmmm...
    If the 4.5 didn't work but the 4.75 leaves a 1/2" gap (even when the nut is screwed down as far as it can go) I think you may have needed the 4.5 with the nut backed out a bit. Hard to say, though, without seeing them.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

It might not be exactly a 1/2" gap perhaps a little less. I did screw the 4 1/2 nut all the way back, the really didn't fit. Don't they make spacers? I guess I could try that!!
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Oh I fixed it, adjusted the nut some more on the axle. Thanks for everyones help.
    T-7 Complete

Blog Entries
    They make spacers but you SHOULD be able to adjust them to fit.
    Are you able to turn the nut to adjust the axle length? Not sure if I understood you there.
    Between the two axles, one should fit UNLESS there isn't much adjustment room on the axles. Do you see enough threads left on either axle that the nut would move a half inch(the space you require)?

Some axles have little to no useful adjustment on them. Others have a lot. Gimme a shout if you are still having trouble. You do NOT want sloppy wheel/axle, that is an accident waiting to happen.

okie, glad to see ya got it. Took me too long to finish the post, lol.
    Last edited by CapnGimp; 04-17-2009 at 01:27 PM.