Lately, I have been dealing with several health issues and been taking Vicodin for pain. Have tried my best not to take it but the pain can at times be too much to take so I finally decided to take it even if it makes me feel like I get a buzz. Apparently the hep C virus has already damaged my liver and my spleen is enlarged making my tolerance for pain killers low.

In spite of the funny feelings I get with the vicodin, I decided to distract my mind and update my website, particulary the poems I have written about dealing with the "Dragon" as otherwise known to those of us who have this virus. Have written several poems in the past and decided to add them to my list of other poems. My reason for doing this is due to an email I received from someone who wrote me and told me how they have helped this person. I am hoping that by doing this, it will bring some awareness and hope for many whether they deal with it or not. Knowledge is vitally important in life and dealing with not only Hep C, but so many other health issues we face so many times in life.

I would also like to bring awareness to this site since so many of us have had to deal with blood transfusions or in some way been exposed to it while dealing with our SCI injury or health issues. If anyone here has been hospitalized and/or is at risk, please have your physician do a blood test to make sure you have not been exposed to this silent killer. It is, I think, a matter of life or death.

If you are interested in reading my work, please check out the Poems Page on my website. There is also a link on the homepage for information on this virus.

The following are the links:

Website home page

Poems Page

Hope you visit and inform yourself.

Raven