Thread: Insurance vs equipment vs dr

Insurance vs equipment vs dr

I am a T12 incomplete. 1 1/2 years post. 49 years old.

I have used standing frame and Urgys system at a Center I have gone to, but just don't have time to get to any longer. I want to see if my insurance will pay for a standing frame. Ideally one of the Evolv Glider, assuming I can use it. I still need to try it out. If not, a regular standing frame will work. I have got to start burning some calories! I also want to eventually get a Nustep, but I don't think insurance will cover it.

I also would like to get a home electrical stim system. My dr doesn't have a clue what I'm really talking about. Enough to prescribe it I guess.

My problem is I just went to my primary care dr and he said "I'll sign anything, you write it".

Does anyone have the medical expertise to help me out with this?

If you order the equipment through a DME, they can help you with the medical justification letter, and an outline for the DR to write the perscription from. The equipment manufactures themselves can also be helpful. A call to your insurance company will let you know what they are going to require, so you don't go through a lot of effort up front, only to be disappointed later.

Good Luck...

Joe

Hello,
    This is Jackie from EasyStand... Just wanted to let you know that we have many resources to help you with funding for a stander on www.easystand.com/funding. It all comes down to your DR/PT writing a letter of medical necessity stating why YOU specifically need to be standing. An appeal can be necessary but just part of the process. Good Luck, and let me know if I can help at all. Jackie