Thread: TiLite´s Fold-Down Push Handles - EXPENSIVE!

Angry TiLite´s Fold-Down Push Handles - EXPENSIVE!

I want some fold-down push handles for my TiLite ZRA, but they cost U$ 250 on Sportaid.

Does anyone know where to buy them for a lower price?

I really can´t understand why do they cost U$ 75 when we buy a new chair and U$ 250 if we buy them later.

I'm guessing that new back canes would also have to come with them.? Don't know why that would make them $250 though.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Where are they listed on Sportaid... I can't find them can you provide a link?
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

They aren´t listed. You have to contact Sportaid by phone/e-mail.

I got the part # on TiLite´s website and e-mailed it to Sportaid, but I believe they can find out the part # for you if you tell them exactly what you need.

Are these the only brand Fold-Down push handles on the market? Are there no generic brands? Do they come as an option in bolt on?

Dado, Quickie has them (Quickie fold downs) as an option on their chairs for $72. Look at an order form at Sportaid for a Quickie Rigid and see it listed. No picture. Don't know if you can get them other than ON an ordered chair though. That's a lot cheaper for sure. Hope that helps a little.

Yep, those TiLite parts are pricey. I got assraped this week on some parts of my back sling that wore out. I guess they got you coming and going, bastids!

The back slings are insane, $260 plus shipping(presumably). I didn't even make it to the point of asking how much shipping would be before I hung up in amused disgust when I spoke to them last week about it. I get it that we're a capitive audience but do they think we're that stupid of a capitve audience? I like my TiLite chair and have every intention of getting another one when the time comes but $260 for some padded ballistic nylon and velcro is absurd. At this point I think I'm just going to spend the extra $150 and get a low Roho carbon fiber back. I don't need that much support but I won't feel so ripped off at least.

260, huh? After seeing the price (~100) for the two end parts that go on the back posts for the tension adjustable back, I didnt bother asking what the whole thing was priced at.

Thumbs up

Thanks, Lynne! I´ll try to get Quickie´s parts manual online to see if it fits TiLite´s backrest and, if it fits, I´ll ask their price on Sportaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
    Dado, Quickie has them (Quickie fold downs) as an option on their chairs for $72. Look at an order form at Sportaid for a Quickie Rigid and see it listed. No picture. Don't know if you can get them other than ON an ordered chair though. That's a lot cheaper for sure. Hope that helps a little.