Thread: Hi! New Member Looking for Support!

Banned

Hi! New Member Looking for Support!

I know it's been a while since you have posted here, but I am also a caregiver to my 18 yr. old daughter. I would like to get some feedback from you sometime. pjb
    Last edited by Obieone; 04-09-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Posted in sticky thread in error!

Welcome!

I started your own thread pjb1952 because .... you won't get much response in the sticky thread where you originally posted!

There are a number of parents here who have kids with a sci .... if you have any questions or just need a place to unload you've found the right spot. Once again welcome to CC and I wish you the best!!

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 04-09-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Welcome! I'm in Oklahoma too! I care for my son and I know somedays are more difficult than others...we mom's need to stick together! judy

isn't that where andy hillenberg and lance blevins are from? :-) welcome here unfortunately, i'm sure someone here is in a very similar situation and can help you out

a few members are teenaged, and some long time members were injured very young. as

well as parents who are caregivers or parents who have sci. The professional staff at cc are wonderfull. welcome to care cure. glad, and sorry to meet you.

there's a lot of different people from different walks of life here.. whatever you need, all you need to do is ask. welcome!

My daughter was injuried about 6 months ago. She is now 11 years old (T12) injury.

Seeing your child in a wheelchair is one of the hardest things a parent can experience. The sadness never goes away. Life moves forward and the laughter returns, but just below the surface the heartbreak lingers. All you can do is help your daughter thru this life-changing event, be supportive, listen when you need to, don't lecture, let her know that she can count on you - it's a difficult situation, but you will get thru it. You will be amazed at just how strong you really are! Best of luck to you!

My son Jordan is T4, Asia A, he was injured on September 28th, 2002 from a gsw. He was 17 @ the time.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.