Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TiLite Aero Z Being Delivered TODAY!!!

Just an update on the replacement frame. I didn't hear back from my provider so I sent him an e-mail yesterday. He didn't receive the final specs from TiLite on the replacement but knows the changes I need done so they are going to go ahead and process the replacement. I made sure in my reply back to him to include, very specifically, the changes that are to be made. I fear that if the replacement gets underway and I haven't checked the specs that it will come back wrong...AGAIN...
    At least I know my measurements for the next chair (years from now) and won't have to go through all of this again.
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
    Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Pissed Off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CurvySAT05 View Post

When I spoke to the provider yesterday he said that they will order a new frame and I won't have to give this one up until the new one comes in. When the new one gets here they will just swap the frames out and send this one back to TiLite. This made me happy. I kind of relate it to taking candy from a baby, you don't give a person a spiffy new wheelchair only to take it away and make them use their hospital grade wheelchair again for another 3 weeks or so!

Mandy
    I had to go to my pain management docs office today to have my Spinal Cord Stimulator re-programmed. While I was there I got a call from NSM (my providers secretary to be exact) asking me if I was using the chair (ummm....HELLO) and if it would be possible for me to go back to my OLD CHAIR?!?
    Here I talk to the provider right after the frame is delivered (the day after) and he tells me I won't have to give this frame up until the new one arrives, and today I get a call asking me to give it back!!! They just ordered the replacement frame today, so it would be a couple weeks without a chair. I told the lady that when I had talked to the provider he said I wouldn't have to be without the frame. I also told her that if absolutely necessary to take this frame back then they need to provide me with something comparable to my current chair. I requested for my pain doc to write on a script that I was unable to use my previous chair and that I need to use something comparable to my new Aero Z.
    After using my chair for 2 weeks now I realize that my old chair was actually hurting me and I might as well have just not used it. My physical therapists called my walking "scary" and want me to use an assistive device all the time, wheelchair when out for long periods and walker or something else when walking short distances. If I need to go back to a different chair I can't go back to a "hospital grade" chair...I just cant use them!
    UGH!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooooo mad.........
    What do you all recommend? Do you think the provider should be able to lend me a demo chair while the new one is getting made? Should I call TiLite and see if they can loan me a demo chair while the new one is being made? I'm baffled and confused. The provider says one thing and then another thing happens!
    [/RANT]

Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Makes me wonder if they got another order matching your current chair.

It is kind of a tough call, if you were to scratch up the chair, the DME will have to eat it and keep it as a demo chair. But they should honor what they told you, at the very least should give you a loaner.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

any update on this
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Blog Entries
    When I got my TiLite TRa, the rep decided that i didn't really want 4" of taper and ordered it with only 2". I lived with it, but have never been happy with it. Yours is even worse! I love the rest of the chair and ended up putting a couple of 1"x1"x4" aluminum angles on the footrest to hold my feet together, but I was bitter for a couple of years.

You have the chair in your possession, just keep it - I doubt that they will come out and take it.

Good luck!
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Blog Entries
    Forget the advice, didn't notice that most of this thread was last year. How did you make out?
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Mac,
    Obviously by now I received the replacement frame. The DME ordered the frame the way we had discussed, and it came in as spec'd this time. This was my first custom chair, and it is still too big for me, but live and learn. There were some things that I wanted to change that the DME provider said I couldn't do because of my height, but now I know that I could have done it had I been persistent. My chair is 18" wide x 19" deep. I would change that to 17" wide x 17-18" deep (probably 17x17). The depth of the chair now hits the back of my legs when sitting. The cushion the DME ordered was 18"x20", so I swapped to an 18x18 cushion that works better. I need to find a way to fix the upholstery so that I don't have the extra length in the meantime.
    My FSH is 21" and rear is 17.5". I would go down to 19.5"FSH and 16.6RSH to make getting under desks and tables easier, and overall have less frame to squeeze through the drivers area when transferring into the car. There is A LOT of extra frame width in the front of my legs. I would want to taper the seat in front, and start the taper on the downtubes so that the frame was snug on my legs, and almost disappearing with my legs. It drives me nuts that my feet constantly slip from one side to the other because there is so much extra room. Also, I like to sit with my feet tucked back, so I could go with the 90* front end and be perfectly comfortable. I am in the process of getting a tennis wheelchair (I got a grant through the Challenged Athletes Foundation) and my tennis chair has measurements of 16"x17", 20"FSH, 17"RSH (adjusted to 19"FSH, 16"RSH) and a back height of 13". The tennis chair fits me much better than the everyday chair, and is more comfortable for short term use. I think if I were to have my J3 solid back on the chair, and my Stimulite ClassicXS the settings on the tennis chair would be almost perfect for everyday use (of course would not want as much camber or COG as far forward for everyday use, LOL).
    Sorry if that was confusing. My point is, I got what was ordered, but now that I have been using the chair for a while there are things that I will change for my next chair, including seat width and depth, front and rear seat height, and the amount of taper on the seat and downtubes.

ETA: I was able to keep the incorrect frame till my replacement frame came in. Once the replacement came in from TiLite I went to National Seating and Mobility and they swapped out all the parts to the new frame.
    ~Mandy~
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

sweet, can you post new pics? I'm getting fitted for a new AeroZ in a week, wonder how that will go...
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09