Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TiLite Aero Z Being Delivered TODAY!!!

Mandy,

Have you looked at switching your caster mounting holes? It should be in the middle hole from the factory, like my pic. If you moved to top hole, you'll get a drop in the front by 1/2", wouldn't mess with dump or anything else right now, just testing out your table clearance. With your footplate up now, no problem.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

McDuff,
    I haven't checked that yet. I only use my chair for long distances and hardly ever use it in the house, so I really haven't looked at it. I will do that later today though when I have to cook for myself. I have to use the chair for that otherwise I can't get into the bottom cabinets to get out pots/pans. Crawling on the floor is okay if someone is there to help get you up, but when home alone I would be on the floor a while, LOL.
    Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Next time...LET THE PROFESSIONALS DO IT!!!!

OMG...so I brought my chair in today and was gonna make some needed adjustments.
    I raised the casters to the top hole so that I could lower the front end a bit and then decided to lower the rear SFH also...boy was that a mistake!!! Those bolts are in there TIGHT. I felt like I was playing bloody knuckles! I did lower the rear SFH 1 hole (1/2"?) but I ended up moving the casters back to the middle hole. I actually like the rear height better now, I sit more IN the chair than ON the chair.
    I learned that next time I want an adjustment made to the rear SFH to CALL A PROFESSIONAL...it isn't worth the pain the knuckles take, LOL.

While I had my chair in the house (remember I only use it part time) I worked on popping a wheelie. I actually got a few "good" wheelies done but haven't figured out how to hold it in one place without moving yet. I am able to pop a wheelie and push myself forward at the same time. We have a small step in the garage that leads to the house so I tried to jump that, but couldn't get the back wheels up. I got the front of the chair up easily.

I definitely like the Aero Z WAYYY better than my hospital grade chair. I have been way more independent in the last few days than I have been in well over a year. I'm finally getting my life back .

I'm on Spring Break right now from school, so I will get a lot of time to practice with my chair in the community. I think one of my first outings will be to my favorite place...DISNEYLAND!! After that I will go to the mall and other places that I frequently go. I think Disneyland is on the agenda for Tuesday.

Hope everyone has a great Easter!

Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

about casters, make surer your dme orders the 1.5" forks. then you can use frogs legs soft rolls, which both offer a great ride, and function really well when it comes to quite big bumps and cracks. i have the 4" soft rolls, and fuente has the 3". you can get them in several different hub materials, colours, and tyre colours. mine are red tyres with black composite hubs, matching my current rear wheels - i also have a yellow set for when i usemy yellow spinergies! im not 100% comfortable with matching socks, and yet my casters match my rear wheels...

your dme can order them direct from frogs legs or othersupplier , or you can get them from sportaid for 1/2 price, which is what i did

I think I will order a pair of the frogs legs casters next month after I get paid again. I hate being on disability b/c you get paid once a month and after all your bills are paid it seems like you are poor for the rest of the month. Not to mention that I paid out of pocket for my glasses/contacts on Friday and my mom hasn't paid me back yet, so my account looks extra dry...
    I think I have the 1.5 inch forks. I have 4"x.75" casters on now and there are 2 spacers on each side, a large one and a small one. I assume that a 1.5" caster will fit in there with no problem. I also saw that SCI_OTR posted that Frogs Legs has a wide hub kit where you can get a larger spacer instead of two smaller spacers. This will probably be ordered at the same time my new casters are ordered. Since my chair is red I will probably go with the red casters. I don't have any spiffy colors on my rear wheels.
    ~Mandy~
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

im not sure, but those are probably the 1" forks youve got - i still have 1 big spacer at each side of my caster! so make sure the dme checks the box for the 1.5s if you want to be able to use the wider casters. i originally had 1" casters but switched to 1.5s, and i still have the original spacers - the 1.5 hubs are dished in a bit, so they take up the same amount of space on the axle itself, but you need the wide fork to clear the outside edge of the tyre - if that makes any sense...

Quote Originally Posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
    I'm on Spring Break right now from school, so I will get a lot of time to practice with my chair in the community. I think one of my first outings will be to my favorite place...DISNEYLAND!! After that I will go to the mall and other places that I frequently go. I think Disneyland is on the agenda for Tuesday.
    Congrats on your new chair!

Based on my experience at Disneyworld, Disneyland would be a good place to practice using your new chair in the community. You'll be amazed how much ground you'll be able to cover.

As for having a having a "Professional" adjust it, I don't agree. Don't assume a technician will be able to correctly complete many adjustments any better than you can if you consult the owners manual and invest in a few quality tools (and post any questions you might have here).

In the long run, you will be able get the most out of your chair if you sacrifice a little skin off your knuckles now to learn how to adjust & maintain the chair yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
    I think I will order a pair of the frogs legs casters next month after I get paid again. I hate being on disability b/c you get paid once a month and after all your bills are paid it seems like you are poor for the rest of the month. Not to mention that I paid out of pocket for my glasses/contacts on Friday and my mom hasn't paid me back yet, so my account looks extra dry...
    I think I have the 1.5 inch forks. I have 4"x.75" casters on now and there are 2 spacers on each side, a large one and a small one. I assume that a 1.5" caster will fit in there with no problem. I also saw that SCI_OTR posted that Frogs Legs has a wide hub kit where you can get a larger spacer instead of two smaller spacers. This will probably be ordered at the same time my new casters are ordered. Since my chair is red I will probably go with the red casters. I don't have any spiffy colors on my rear wheels.
    It appears you do. The standard double bearing fork for 4 & 5" casters will now accommodate 1.5" wide hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    It appears you do. The standard double bearing fork for 4 & 5" casters will now accommodate 1.5" wide hubs.
    the standard does? cool - did not know that. so i could order no cost casters and buy frogslegs from sportaid? hypothetical...

So I went to Disneyland today...ALONE!! It was amazing not having to depend on someone to help me get my chair in/out of my car or having someone with me to push me up hills when I get tired. It feels like I could push this chair all day with little effort. There was one hill coming back out of Toon Town that I got help with, and that was only because someone offered (I was already about 2/3 of the way up the hill).
    When I went to leave Disneyland the parade was on Main Street (making it hard to access the exit) so I took the monorail from Tomorrowland to Downtown Disney. They have a board that they put down so you can get into the monorail (it is a few inches higher than the floor level) and at the very end of the board there is about a 4 inch area that is more sloped than the rest of the board. There wasn't room to turn around inside the monorail so I had to go out backwards, got to the lip and it tipped me back. THANK GOD for my anti-tips because I would have been thrown backwards head first into the ground!! What's worse is that there were TWO cast members within grabbing distance of my push handles who could have helped to keep me from falling...not a single try. I almost owned Disneyland today, LOL.
    Note to self...next time you ride the monorail GO IN BACKWARDS so when you come out you GO FORWARDS!!

On another note, I got an e-mail from my provider today that he is going to get the final specs for my replacement chair from TiLite tomorrow and will get them approved by me before he okays the final order. Overall I seem to really like my Aero Z and can't wait till it is "perfect" (aka have the front tapered, the frame angle switched from 80* to 85* and bring in push rims).
    My knuckles didn't end up being too sore after doing my own changes to the chair the other day. I have always been a "do it yourself-er" so it made me feel good to learn about how my chair works. I'm about to get the owners manual out and see what other good stuff they have in there.

Hope everyone had a great day!
    Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    TiLite Aero Z!!!