Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TiLite Aero Z Being Delivered TODAY!!!

i measured my footrest (i got the c package and so was able to specify width) by putting on my biggest boots (turned out to be my sailing boots), sat in my old chair, and measured from just outside one to theother and added about 1/2 inch. came up with 8.5, which is snug, but fits.

if you can sneak your footrest up 1/2 inch, as mcd suggested, you could drop the front down the same amount by switching to 3" casters

u dont need c pack to taper. i kink down to 11 from 17 wide
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I adjusted my footrest height yesterday and am now at the shortest footrest height allowable with the length of the down tubes. This seems to be perfect and I will order a set of 3" casters from sportaid. I'm thinking about getting the light up casters, but I want to have a pair of everyday casters too (for when I don't want a ton of attention, LOL).

I looked at the order form on TiLite's website earlier to see what the options are for footrest width. They have a 1.5 inch taper that would be 4 inches less than the seat width (14" on my chair) or a 3.5 inch taper that would be 6 inches less than the seat width (12" on my chair). I think that the 12" would be best for me. It would allow me to keep my legs nice and tight but still have a little room for my feet on each side. If I were to go narrower than this I would have to get the "C Package".

I sent off an e-mail to Tim (my provider) this afternoon and he is going to check on the 3 things I brought up. These are the front taper, the front frame angle (80* currently, trying to increase to 85*), and going from 1.5" rear wheel spacing to 1" rear spacing. He is going to contact TiLite and find out about options for all these things.

I have been very satisfied with the help from National Seating and Mobility, the speed at which they respond to concerns and their friendliness. I don't think I could have asked for a better provider.

After posting my message this morning I went to Target for an eye exam. I bought a new pair of glasses and also got contacts for the first time. It is nice to be able to lay in bed and actually read what's on the computer without squinting or laying on my glasses. The contacts felt weird at first but I can't even feel them in at the moment. Very excited to not have to wear glasses all the time! It will be easier to do homework from bed now while I am on the computer (I take an online class).

Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

I think that will be an awesome looking chair when you get everything straightened out. I've had my Aero Z for a little over a year. It is my first chair also. My seat width is 18" and I have the 12" footrest. It works out pretty good for me. Good Luck!

i have a tilite trc, and its very easy to change the rear-wheel spacing yourself, once you get it! probably all tilite rigids have the same system... the axle tubes unscrew from each end of the camber tube, and then you can add or remove spacers to change. be careful - the thread is very fine and it takes ages to unscrew completely, but you dont have to remove or dismantle anything apart from the rear wheels. theres a free option on the order form to include extra spacers with your order, so make sure your dme checks it! but of course, you will need to remove and not add...

Quote Originally Posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
    Should I request that the footrest be 12" or 10" like ChriZ's? I really don't want my feet sliding around and I want to be able to keep my knees together (which I can't do with my feet sliding around!). On the other hand, I don't want my feet to be squished.

I asked the provider about the front seat height, which unfortunately we can't do much about because I am so tall! I guess I will get used to letting air out of my Varilite Meridian cushion to get under certain tables. Disabled Student Services at school is going to put a height adjustable table in my classroom so that I can fit under that.

I want to change the taper on the front end (obviously), probably to 12". I need to talk to the provider about this.
    I want to change the frame angle to 85* (the provider said in our initial fitting that he would order 85*, which didn't happen).
    I also want to change the rear wheel spacing to 1" instead of 1.5". Taking 1" total off my char width will be good.
    I'm tall too! (6'2")
    When I ordered my chair one of most important changes in comparison to my old chair was the front seat height , the same problem that you, put my legs under the tables, so, I choosed to "low ride" my front (my foot plate stays 2.5" to the floor) the old chair 4".

For Tilite, the minimum is 2".
    Ask 4" front wheels and if you need, just change the hole fixation, you have 3 options to raise or down your wheels.

My frame measurements are very close yours, I'll post a picture soon.
    I think that 11" or 12" footrest width will be good for you.

to choose your footrest width, you need to follow this table above, so if your chair has 18" width, the minimum footrest allowed is 12". to make a personalized measure, you need to order a C package (I think is no necessaryin this case).

front angle: 85°
    front wheels: 4" softroll
    front seat height: 19"
    rear seat height: 16"
    seat to footrest: 16.5" (0.5 adjustable up or down)
    footrest to floor: 2.5" (minimal allowed by TiLite is 2") - look the order form
    Last edited by chriZ; 04-11-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: add information

those arent options, that built into your frame./

dont mess around send it back. that dme should have already told u that, if he hasnt hes jerking u off, simple.

ok, im 6'2 and run 17wx16d seat , 85 frt at 18.5 frt 14.5 rear

Quote Originally Posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
    I adjusted my footrest height yesterday and am now at the shortest footrest height allowable with the length of the down tubes. This seems to be perfect and I will order a set of 3" casters from sportaid. I'm thinking about getting the light up casters, but I want to have a pair of everyday casters too (for when I don't want a ton of attention, LOL).

I looked at the order form on TiLite's website earlier to see what the options are for footrest width. They have a 1.5 inch taper that would be 4 inches less than the seat width (14" on my chair) or a 3.5 inch taper that would be 6 inches less than the seat width (12" on my chair). I think that the 12" would be best for me. It would allow me to keep my legs nice and tight but still have a little room for my feet on each side. If I were to go narrower than this I would have to get the "C Package".

I sent off an e-mail to Tim (my provider) this afternoon and he is going to check on the 3 things I brought up. These are the front taper, the front frame angle (80* currently, trying to increase to 85*), and going from 1.5" rear wheel spacing to 1" rear spacing. He is going to contact TiLite and find out about options for all these things.

I have been very satisfied with the help from National Seating and Mobility, the speed at which they respond to concerns and their friendliness. I don't think I could have asked for a better provider.

After posting my message this morning I went to Target for an eye exam. I bought a new pair of glasses and also got contacts for the first time. It is nice to be able to lay in bed and actually read what's on the computer without squinting or laying on my glasses. The contacts felt weird at first but I can't even feel them in at the moment. Very excited to not have to wear glasses all the time! It will be easier to do homework from bed now while I am on the computer (I take an online class).

Mandy
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

it might also be a good idea to have your dme order a shorter footrest (by 1 or 2 inches maybe) so that when you move it as high as you like, you still have a bit of upward adjustment

fuente,
    I have already talked to the DME and he is contacting TiLite to see about getting a replacement frame. I know that these are not "options" built into the frame. The frame was ordered wrong and now needs to be replaced.

amyk,
    I think I will find a tape measure and measure the length from the seat to footrest where it is located now. If it's possible for me to go with a 20" (or even 20.5") front SFH because I have plenty of clearance I will ask the DME to order it that way with the foot rest set at the correct height (and still have some upward adjustment).

Fact is, there is A LOT of stuff that needed to be ordered differently on this chair. The seat depth is perfect though, as is the backrest height. The seat cushion and back rest make this the most comfortable thing I've EVER sat in!

Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!