Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TiLite Aero Z Being Delivered TODAY!!!

TiLite Aero Z Being Delivered TODAY!!!

Hi,
    I just wanted to update all my friends here at CC and let you know about exciting news I received this morning. I got a call from National Seating and Mobility saying that my new Aero Z has been completely assembled and they want to deliver it TODAY!! This is exactly a week sooner than expected.
    When she called me I was still asleep, but was MORE than happy to answer that call!
    I will update with pictures after it is delivered...until then I am super excited and can't wait to see my new chair!!
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Congratulations!! I recently got one as well and it's an incredible chair. No complaints, I've had it about 2 months now.

Enjoy the ride

awesome
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

cant wait to see
    L1,2 Para since 9-12-99
    ~*~*~Priscilla~*~*~
    Mommy to William (2004) Lucas (2008) Nathan (2011)
    The Wheelchair Mommy Blog

Yeehah! let us know how it goes. and of course, pics...
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

How exciting for you! I'm so envious! I wanted an Aero Z but need a modification they can't do on aluminum. Can't wait to see pictures and specs.

Hi Lynne,
    The TiLite Aero Z is a custom aluminum chair. It used to be coded K0009 but was changed to K0005 and still makes the same chair. K0009 is the most customized. The switch in billing code allows for most insurance companies to pick up the cost of the Aero Z but the patient still gets to keep the customization.
    Pictures in next post...
    ~Mandy~
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Congrats on your chair!! I know that when I left rehab I couldn't wait to get my chair and then when I went to go pick it up it was wrapped in plastic and it was ALL MINE!!!

I love my Aero Z. Just love it.
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

So I got my new chair delivered today. It is a TiLite Aero Z. I am very happy with the chair overall, but there are a couple things I would like to change still. I need input on these.

As you can see in the 3rd picture, there is no taper in my front end. When I was first fitted the RTA had said that he was going to order it tapered so that I was able to keep my feet closer together and not spread my legs apart all the time. He said "even women in wheelchairs should be able to (safely) wear dresses" and I know we specifically talked about the front end. Also, the front angle says it is 80* on my paperwork but he said he was gonna order 85*. I like to keep my feet back and even now have them back far on the footplate.
    Are these things that I should complain about or just live with? I know that if they are going to "fix" it then they will have to take my chair back and either make the changes to this frame (which I doub't they can do) or make a new frame. I've been waiting since July of LAST YEAR for this chair and now that I have it I don't want to risk it being gone for 3 weeks because the frame had to be tweaked or b/c they have to make a new frame.
    If they are unable to make changes to this frame and need to make a new frame all together, is there a way for me to keep the chair I have currently until the new chair is finished and we can swap it that way?
    I am super excited to have my new chair, it is wonderful, but these things are bugging me and I don't want to "settle" when I know that it isn't to my liking.
    What should I do?

I am taking the chair to school today and will see if I fit under desks. My chair is really tall b/c I am really tall. Its time for me to get ready for school.
    Thanks in advance for your input. I think I will call the company later today, or maybe tomorrow.

Mandy

I just liked this last picture. I took pictures of just about anything on the chair so that I could show how my chair looked when I got it if anything ever happens to it (god forbid!!).

Thanks for reading!! Hope everyone has a good day!
    Last edited by CurvySAT05; 04-09-2009 at 06:54 PM.
    ~Mandy~
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Mandy,

Just pasting pics from your personal lib on your computer won't work for posting them. You will need to either; use the "Go Advanced" button and use the "Manage Attachments" section for uploading pics, or upload them to a pic hosting site like Photobucket and then link them over from there.

You should definitely gripe about the things you don't like to your DME, sounds like they didn't order what you wanted. As you say, you waited a long time for YOUR chair, and they need to get it right.

If Ti built the chair the way it was ordered, they did not screwup, the DME did. Not sure how a replacement flow will go, but doubt they would let you keep this chair, as they would not want to risk it being damaged in the meantime, but ya never know, doesn't hurt to ask.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"