Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: solid dme to just bill my ins for tilite--anthem in network provider

solid dme to just bill my ins for tilite--anthem in network provider

ok, im getting jerked off from my local dme, whom i'll name later. been dealing w/ them on my new zr for 3mths.

as always i did all the work, specing etc, got everything handled from my doc they just faxed it in to my ins. ok got everything approved. so order, no wait they want 50% deposit on the entire cost of the chair roughly 3k b4 they will order. fuck that, in 20 yrs i have never heard of such nonsense.

so anyway, i can get the approval transfered into any dme name so i need a good one , out of ohio is fine, i do all my own work on them. just need paper pushed, order the chair and get ins billing handled. i have anthem.

im going straight to the owner of the dme co. monday, ill have my say, then i will post the name of everyone involved. its a small world here in ohio.............
    Last edited by fuentejps; 04-04-2009 at 01:33 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

you're getting a TiLite?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

another zr
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Unlike you I fought with the insurance company for 7 MONTHS before they would approve an ultra-lightweight chair for me (I have an HMO) and once it got approved it has been smooth sailing. I went through National Seating and Mobility out of Anaheim, California, but I know they have multiple locations around the US. IDK if they have one near you, but you can look, their website is http://www.nsm-seating.com/index.htm.
    My new chair (TiLite Aero Z) has been ordered (insurance approved a K5 chair, otherwise I would have gone titanium) and shipped from Washington on the 30th (Monday). By now it should be at NSM to have final assembly and I am scheduled for delivery on 4/15.
    I hope you are able to get things straightened out with the seating company. I would assume since they have an approval from the insurance company that you wouldn't need to pay that 3K before they order your chair. I could understand if you have a co-pay or co-insurance that they would like to have a portion of that before ordering, but not a portion of the whole chair itself!! That is just ridiculous. Maybe after this is all done you could report them to the Better Business Bureau? Good luck with them on Monday!
    Mandy
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

many thx.

any others guys.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

The Carolina Mobility office in Chesapeake, VA is pretty good. The guy selling and spec' ing the manual chairs in Chesapeake has been pushing for one for 20 years, T4 or 5, I think. Bad thing I've heard is that they aren't particularly speedy, but they handle the bureaucracy. I'm pretty sure anyone handling the paper for you will want a premium for the service. 50% down is steep, but they deserve something for this service, no? Anyway, his name is Chris Daley, perhaps he'd have something to offer:

Carolina Seating and Mobility
    Chesapeake, VA 23320
    644 Independence
    Parkway Suite 400
    Phone: 757-966-7964
    Fax: 757-966-7965

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

in 21 years i have never put anything down on a chair, never. the most is my copay on delivery, which is never more than 1k.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I use Connecticut Rehab (now called ATG Rehab). Never once had to pay up front for anything. Good guys there.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

i have anthem
    If you registered user at www.Anthem.com , you can go into the "Fnd a Provider" look up, after signing on. It allows you to narrow the search by selecting only DME's and you can have them sorted by distance to any zip code.

Good Luck...

Joe

Copay at time of delivery sounds perfectly reasonable to me. 50% of co-pay might even be reasonable to take on the work, but not if the guy down the streeto isn't charging this! Payment upon delivery is what Carolina Mobility did for my first chair. Chris did spec me out in a chair too big. He has since told me that is the most reliable decision when dealing with a new para as most of us gain weight during the lifespan of a first chair and typically need size up before Medicare will pay, which is where most para's end up. I trust him enough to recommend him, but he is a DME. Buyer beware.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.