Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who has a great seat cushion?

who has a great seat cushion?

I am going to be looking for a new cushion and want to get ideas on what has worked well for the rest of you.

I use a Roho Low Profile Quadtro cushion. I have used this cushion for the last 3 years and like it better than any other I have tried.
    Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.

Jay Deep Contour Cushion.........love it, protects well.

If there were one best cushion for everyone, there would only be one on the market. Your best option is to get computerized interface pressure testing on a variety of cushions at a good seating clinic through a decent SCI rehab center.

(KLD)

i use a j10 deep and love it, it just alittle bit heavy, but not to to bad
    T6/T7 Incomplete Since June 7th 2008
    Walking part-time with KAFOs & Walker
    *Never Quit Pushing*

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=20290962

About 2 years ago I switched from a high profile Roho. For the last 2 years I've had some relatively serious and annoying pressure problems. In these past 2 years I've been through several different cushions. I also demoed a deep Jay cushion, like many have reported success with, but did not like it.

Recently, I switched back to a Roho high profile (3 inches high, Sportaid said). Recently, my skin problems have completely gone away. I'm sticking with the Roho from now on, and can confidently claim that the Roho high profile is the best cushion for me.

But everyone's different.

f
    ight

Varilite ProForm
    Pro: good for corrective posture, comfortable and you can dial in how much cushion you need, light weight, no skin issues ever - I've never been pressure mapped either

Con: air nozzles not quad friendly, nozzle popped out after 2 years of transferring over it. I have good sensation and minimal leg boost otherwise I'd be worried about nicking my legs during shower transfers, a little tall - added some height to my chair so my feet don't sit flat.

I'm on my 2nd one, scared to mess with what works but should probably try a few out next buy.

Stimulite...definitely the best for me. I feel more balanced on it than the Roho, and because it wicks away moisture, I do not have swamp butt at the end of the day. Never had a sore on this. Definitely the best for me.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Stimulite Classic is hands-down my #1 pick. I have experienced even greater relief from pressure sores & sitting discomfort by using an alternating pressure cushion *under* my Stimulite Classic. (about $170 from http://www.flowcushion.com/flow/) I have NO financial interest in this company. A reasonably handy person can tap into the electrical system of most power chairs to install a 12 volt cigarette lighter.
    "Let your food be your medicine" - Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Stimulite Classic is hands-down my #1 pick. I have experienced even greater relief from pressure sores & sitting discomfort by using an alternating pressure cushion *under* my Stimulite Classic. (about $170 from http://www.flowcushion.com/flow/) I have NO financial interest in this company. A reasonably handy person can tap into the electrical system of most power chairs to install a 12 volt cigarette lighter.

You must really like that flow cushion eh?
    Never Give Up!