Thread: Quantum 6000z questions

Quantum 6000z questions

Hello,

My husband is looking for a new wheelchair and the Quantum 6000z was recommended to us by a dealer. I was wondering if anyone on here had actual experience with the chair and could answer some questions for us.

1. Can this chair climb a curb and if so how big of one? His current Permobile will barely go over a 1-2" lip which has been a problem in the past.

2. What is the ride like with this chair compared to a front wheel drive chair?

3. Is this chair reliable?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a Quantum 6000 but not the new Z. Mine is just over a year old and I read some of the info. on the new one and can't tell any differences. I absolutely love mine. It's very fast but very torque'y. Having all six wheels on the ground makes for a very smooth ride and great in braking. I have a lot of inclines at my house and the battery life is excellent! I don't have any curbs to go over but not many chairs tackle them well. Going straight on I can handle a 3'' rise and going at an angle probably another inch or two. I have never had a front wheel drive but these mid-wheels will turn a 360 in it's own space. Great for tight hallway turns.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

I also have the Quantum 6000 (not Z) and find it a reliable and comfortable chair. I would not attempt curbs in it though, but maybe I am just a wimp. I also love the fact that it turns in it's own radius.

I also have a q 6000 and its pretty robust and could easily climb a 2'' lip and more if you hit it right. I drive mine really hard and off road and it does great.

the Z is the medicaid striped down version the rear suspension made different shape and out of aluminum instead of steel. Most everything else is the same, I THINK it still has the 4 pole motor, which I think is important for powering over non standard surfaces. I've never tried a Z but ran into a guy with one and he Absolutly loved it, as far as chairs insurance pays for this ones pretty darn good.

EF

Thanks for the info

It is good to get some first hand input on this chair. I think we will try and get a test drive scheduled for my husband. Right now the Medicare approved the Permobile 300 but we wanted something the would handle off road stuff (and hopefully curbs) a little better.