Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Embryonic Stem Cell Research Trouble In Texas

I don't think Utah will follow as long as the majority denomination is LDS. The Mormons believe that life begins at the 14th day when the midline is created. Senator Orrin Hatch came out publicly in favor of hESC research a few days before Bush banned most of it.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Ex., If Gov. Huntsman of Utah continues to overturn such silly faith based laws etc. as (ex. Membership fee's for Public Dinning Alcohol Consumption) or Current Legislations which imped on constitutional Rights (ex. Protection of Constitutional Guaranteed actives in certain private venues "Gun in Cars") Utah may just continue to progress.

....... Yet, the church majority owns and runs the state, Therefore, I have my doubts.
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

All is not lost in Texas yet. Now is the time for Texans to call their state senators. I have alerted several of my friends who include the Chairman of a major media corporation (whose wife has suffered traumatic brain injury recently), a former Texas state representative, and the former mayor of the city of Dallas. I'm sure they will all be supportive.
    Members of the CC community should know by now that a major effort to recruit constituents to call their respective elected officials is often quite successful.

More from the Texas State Legislature

AUSTIN — A law that would ask women seeking abortions to first have and view an ultrasound of their pregnancy passed through the Texas Senate Friday — as did a creation of a new “Choose Life” vehicle license plate.
    Both bills were championed by Gov. Rick Perry, who is stressing his conservative credentials heading into an expected Republican primary battle with U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

I wonder how that embryonic stem cell research committee is coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    AUSTIN — A law that would ask women seeking abortions to first have and view an ultrasound of their pregnancy passed through the Texas Senate Friday — as did a creation of a new “Choose Life” vehicle license plate.
    Both bills were championed by Gov. Rick Perry, who is stressing his conservative credentials heading into an expected Republican primary battle with U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

I wonder how that embryonic stem cell research committee is coming along.
    Gov. Perry Talks Secession for Texas at Tea Party: "Texas Can Leave Union If It Wants To"
    http://crooksandliars.com/john-amato...n-texas-tea-pa

One of the rare instances in where I tend to agree with a republican.
    Shame soo many are too Stupid and Greedy to realize what truly matters in life.
    "Only when its too late, do people understand....." (Most anyway.....)
    ====================
    If you stare long enough,
    I may do a Trick....

Quote Originally Posted by Don D. 73 View Post
    All is not lost in Texas yet. Now is the time for Texans to call their state senators. I have alerted several of my friends who include the Chairman of a major media corporation (whose wife has suffered traumatic brain injury recently), a former Texas state representative, and the former mayor of the city of Dallas. I'm sure they will all be supportive.
    Members of the CC community should know by now that a major effort to recruit constituents to call their respective elected officials is often quite successful.
    Ah, nothing.
    Last edited by teesieme; 05-04-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: cranky about Texas medicaid/medical game and it's political b.s.
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.