Thread: Wheels and Axles

Wheels and Axles

My mom just bought me a pair of wheels from spinergy that were on saleGot them for $200. But I guess she didn't buy axles or they didn't come with my wheels?? I am not sure but can someone tell me what kind of axles I need to buy or where to find them? Thanks

T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

anyone?
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Theres lots different axels out there its pretty much just a personal preference thing..you could contact spinergy for them or try sportaid..Myself,i order from sportaid..you can call them,there really easy to talk to and super helpful http://www.sportaid.com/

What type of chair?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    What type of chair?
    Ti Lite aero Z. I read on the spinergy website that I need a longer axle than what I am using. I tried to use the axle from my wheels now but they aren't long enough.
    T-7 Complete

Got a tape, what is the measurement of your axles you are using now? When you call Sportaid they will be able to tell you what size you need but it would be helpful to know the size you have now.
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

+1 Call Sportaid. They are great and have good prices on axles if you need new ones. Yesterday I ordered a set of SLX Spinergy's for my GTX, so I just went through this.

But 1st, measure your new hubs. You'll need the bearing face to bearing face distance. Spinergy narrow hubs are nominally 1.9" and wide (sport) hubs are 2.3". Also, as rcecher mentioned, measure your existing axles. Axle length is the distance from the beginning (inside) of the detent ball to the top of the ajustment threads. Look up part #334200-M on the Sportaid web site, they have a good picture of what to measure. Oh... you did ensure that you existing axles are out of adjustability, right?

Your wheel offset is the last part of the puzzle, but Sportaid has a chart to get you in the ball park.

Good Luck...

Joe

Thanks for the reply and help. Man this whole thing has been utterly confusing. Found out that I need 4 3/4". Talked to sportaid and spinergy. Thanks again and hopefully soon I will have these on my chair!!
    Last edited by Seenkid101; 04-01-2009 at 09:30 AM.
    T-7 Complete