Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accelerated Medical Supply

Accelerated Medical Supply

Has anyone used the supplier "Accelerated Medical Services" for their monthly supplies?

We have been considering switching suppliers, as CCS Medical (the supplier "assigned" to my dad at Rehab) has given us many problems with insurance billing, sending the wrong items, poor customer service etc... I'm not sure if this is "typical" during the first year after injury, as often your scripts/needs change over time, but we're pretty tired of them. CCS seems to be a fairly large/established company so I have been surprised with the many problems we have had.

"Accelerated" seems to be a much smaller company, and is run by Joy Dobler and her son Franco. Joy has a SCI (C5-6). I certainly like the idea of supporting a business run by someone with SCI, and they have been quite responsive so for with our inquiries.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks
    Last edited by hlh; 03-30-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Try uromed, very good cs
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

i was with uromed for a while. they did good. better than ccs, (who i'm with now, for a particular product)

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

What type of supplies do you get? I work for a company in Oklahoma that sells caths nationwide for IC and some other supplies but mostly just IC and EC. Like every place there are the occasional screw ups, but from what I have seen just about all our customers like our service. Check it out on the web its 180medical.com or call us at 1877-688-2729. My name is Jon, I have worked here for a year now and theres a few of us para's and quads that work here.

Those guys are jerking you around, ditch em. These guys have good customer service and turn around time:

Extreme Medical

------------

Quote Originally Posted by hlh View Post
    Has anyone used the supplier "Accelerated Medical Services" for their monthly supplies?

We have been considering switching suppliers, as CCS Medical (the supplier "assigned" to my dad at Rehab) has given us many problems with insurance billing, sending the wrong items, poor customer service etc... I'm not sure if this is "typical" during the first year after injury, as often your scripts/needs change over time, but we're pretty tired of them. CCS seems to be a fairly large/established company so I have been surprised with the many problems we have had.

"Accelerated" seems to be a much smaller company, and is run by Joy Dobler and her son Franco. Joy has a SCI (C5-6). I certainly like the idea of supporting a business run by someone with SCI, and they have been quite responsive so for with our inquiries.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

I like care medical source.
    http://www.caremedicalsource.com/
    Cheapest catheters last time I went looking.
    Don't anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

thanks for replies

My dad needs catheters, lube, gloves.

Thanks for your input - I appreciated about hearing about your "good" supplier experiences.

Not much experience with Accelerated, I guess.

Thanks

I've been using Care Medical for many years. No problems at all.

Joe

Try ABC Medical...good people there!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Check this site out. They don't direct bill but their prices are very good. I just pay and my insurance reimburses me. I save them LOTS of money this way. I have odered catheters and ostomy supplies and their service is fast. I couldn't be happier.
    http://www.hpsstore.com/Default.aspx