Thread: Ketamine

Ketamine

I have a doctor willing to give me ketamine pills. He says I should increase the dosage slowly for 10 weeks. Is there anyone out there able to give me information/feedback? I'm scared, but desperate. Has anyone else tried this for full-body RSD/CRPS?

hi there

Hi Sherri:

I have a good friend that tried this for her RSD and she had a horrible reaction. I don't mean to scare you but I couldn't not respond...I just think you should def. do research and really look into it. My friend had a ketamine infusion..it was a pretty high dose and it was administered in the hospital. Not sure how different that is for you but things didn't work out so well for her (she's alright now though).

Sorry to be negative..but, like I said, I def. think it's worth doing a lot of research on this treatment as it's still pretty experimental.

Hugs,
    Danimal

http://www.chronicstimulation.blogspot.com/

Thank you for your candor. That's why I'm here.

ketamine is a narcotic .. a friend who is an anaesthetist told me its very very strong and advises against it
    it also gives horrible nightmares

I have to correct you, pikett. Ketamine is not a narcotic. It is a CNS depressant (but not a barbituate) that is used for anaesthesia but had side effects of hallucinations and nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    I have to correct you, pikett. Ketamine is not a narcotic. It is a CNS depressant (but not a barbituate) that is used for anaesthesia but had side effects of hallucinations and nightmares.
    Thank you for this correction .. careless of me to post incorrect info

my brother in law was using it for rsd. and methadone. it caused his death.

All I know is that it used to be a club drug/cat tranquilizer and that it can be incredibly dissociative. I did read a study regarding ketamine and pain relief for SCI -- but the results were far too scientific for me to interpret. Be careful.