These are my medication:

14 Apo-Imipramine 25mg
    7 Centrum forte tb
    7 Novo-Furantoin 50mg
    28 Pms-Baclofen 20mg
    28 Pms-Baclofen 10mg
    15 Pms-Bisacodyl 10mg
    8 Senokot 8.6mg

I have a c7 and 8 complet spinal cord injurie. I got really sick this one time for some reason. I went at the hospital. I somehow damaged my bladder and it was removed. I think I am still taking medication for a bladder. Should I still take them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    These are my medication:

14 Apo-Imipramine 25mg
    7 Centrum forte tb
    7 Novo-Furantoin 50mg
    28 Pms-Baclofen 20mg
    28 Pms-Baclofen 10mg
    15 Pms-Bisacodyl 10mg
    8 Senokot 8.6mg

I have a c7 and 8 complet spinal cord injurie. I got really sick this one time for some reason. I went at the hospital. I somehow damaged my bladder and it was removed. I think I am still taking medication for a bladder. Should I still take them?
    I assume you now have some type of urinary ostomy? How did you "damage" your bladder??

I am not sure what the numbers in front of the drug names are supposed to mean, but here is some information on these drugs:
    • Apo-Imipramine 25mg (generic: imipramine) can be used for bladder spasm, but also for neuropathic pain. It is a poor antidepressant, which is its actual drug class. You should know why you are taking it.
    • Novo-Furantoin 50mg (generic: nitrofurantoin monohydrate) is a urinary antiseptic. You should talk with your urologist about whether you should continue this or not. Long term chronic use can have some complications. It is not necessarily contraindicated just because you no longer have a bladder.
    • Centrum Forte: this is a multivitamin.
    • Baclofen: this is a drug for muscle spasms or spasticity (hypertonicity) in your arms/legs/trunks. Does not work on your bladder.
    • Senokot: this is a bowel stimulant usually used to treat constipation.
    You should always be informed by your physician about the purpose, use, side effects, etc. of your medications when they are prescribed. Your pharmacist should also discuss this with you when filling the prescription.

In the USA it is required that your medication list be "reconcilled" on every physician visit and at any hospitalizations to be sure that it is accurate, and the provider must verify this with you.

It is critical that you take charge of your medications, learn about them, and be the authority (not your provider) on why you are taking them.

(KLD)

So I should go talk to my Spinal Cord Injurie doctor (urologist) and ask if I should still take all these medications?

The urologist should be asked about the nitrofurantoin and the imipramine IF you are taking the latter for your bladder (and not for depression or neuropathic pain). Your regular SCI physician (physiatrist or internist or other PCP) should be asked about any changes in your baclofen or senokot or the multivitamin.

(KLD)