Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grade Aid/Hill Holder ?s

Do grade aids only work with air tires?

My ZRA will have Schwalbe Marathon tires...now am I going to have to buy different tires?

jbinny or ashley, the grade aids addiesue sent me may not work on my new wc so if not I would like to find someone else that can use them.

Addiesue, these were on a Quickie right? Just push to lock brakes?
    Tilite told me I need Sunrise Medical grade aids for the Zra and Sunrise Medical is Quickie I believe.
    Last edited by november; 03-27-2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Dang everything is so technical. Yes they came off a Quickie Ti push to lock brakes. Sorry they didn't work.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I have been rolling for a year and a half now, and I have never heard of these things. I guess that means that I don't really need them! lol It's amazing what I can learn on this forum!!!

i have solid tires also, not air. I wonder if they work for solids? i have push-to-lock brakes on my tilite tr frame.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

I can't see an reason why they would be tire specific. Never seen them, but going by Rybreads pics, the holders have their own little gripper teeth, so tread pattern should not matter. An high psi airs, and solids have about the same "squash" factor so as long as they were adjusted right, should work fine on any.

Nov - yes Sunrise is Quickie

edit: but yeah buddy, I'd be smashing the crap out of my thumbs on those things. I hit my push to locks if they don't stay in their outermost position. Just different "strokes" I guess.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Hi,

I have a quickie with solid tires and grade aids, they work great

Quote Originally Posted by Rononwheels View Post
    Hi,

I have a quickie with solid tires and grade aids, they work great
    That's what I wanted to hear!
    I wonder why they told my DME I need air tires...and on the Sunrise Medical order form it says they can't be used with Schwalbe, KIK, etc.

Addiesue, no no, I think they will go on the ZRA because they were on your Quickie and Quickie is Sunrise Medical. Tilite says I need SM ones! yay. Now let's just hope they do and all the parts are included and it's an easy install.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I believe the ones on my chair a universal. That chair is a Colours Eclipse and I've had it I think for six years now, but I believe the brakes actually came off of a Quickie chair. I can't remember, I got them three or four years ago and haven't had the strength to fully take advantage of them in a couple of years. I've been cursed with pressure sores over the past couple of years which have prevented me from getting a lot of exercise.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

yeah, its usually only the clamps that are different - im using kuschall brakes in tilite clamps on a tilite tr.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    yeah, its usually only the clamps that are different - im using kuschall brakes in tilite clamps on a tilite tr.
    I guess I'm confused. It appears that these SM hill holders won't go on my Kuschall brakes. I don't have an "expert" to help me install them though. Kuschall did tell my DME I would have to replace these brakes to get their hill holders to work. IDK.