Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota-help!!

Minnesota-help!!

While discussing the upcoming trial that Dr. Young is proposing, Dr. Young felt that Minnesota could be a site for this trial. I asked him some questions on where to start and I got to thinking that I should also reach out to you. I am more than willing to start talking to people, etc. but I need your help. Is there anyone who might be interested in Minnesota? We have two very good clinical research facilities here. I will need some help to coordinate this effort. I need names and numbers now and I will get to work. Please let us not stop this momentumn. Together we can do this. Thank you.

Kathy

I am bumping this thread. You do not have to be from Minnesota to help. I think that Mayo or the U of M would be great places to start but I do not have anyone I can contact. Are there any groups that I should go through first? Please help me get this rolling for all of us.

Kathy

Kathy, I commend you on your enthusiasm to get this "party" started especially when we live in a state with medical faclities that are always on the cutting edge of research and tecnology.

The Mayo and U of M along with the Sister Kenny (Abott Northwest Hospital) would be the top rated sites to push for trials and I would know a contact at Abott. Jim Hanson LICSW phone#612-863-5224. It would be a good starting point because of his contacts. He's been a social worker there for over 20 years and is a wheeler just like us.
    If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Thank you so much. I will call him in the morning. Hopefully we can get this thing going. I will let you know how it went.

I am not sure how I may be of help to you but if you need someone in the background or beside you when time allows me to be there, I will do my best to be there for you momo and of course Wisey! As well as those that will benefit from this. I am up in the northern part of Mn. but now that spring is trying to arrive, I am willing to travel or assist through the computer, paperwork, calls, etc. I do not have connections I can think of right now that may be of help but then sometimes we end finding we know someone who knows someone, etc. PM with further thoughts. ~ T.

Edit to say: This would be way cool! excited at the thought of...
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Thanks teesime. I will definitely get ahold of you. I also live in the northern part of MN. I too do not have any real connections but I am going to start with the phone number above.

i'd be very interested!
    May the fetus you save be gay

I failed to mention I'd like to help out in any way I can also. Give me a hollar and let me know.
    If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

when/where/time! ph.763.878.1350: Rusty+Julie

No time frame yet except I know that Dr. Young is sending groups of people for training this summer. I have contacted both Jim Hanson (Sister Kenney) and Peter Morton and am waiting for their calls back. Susan M. is checking some things out. Right now I think the biggest help would to be to see if there is any interested parties here in MN and let them know we want them to do this. Is there any bills currently at the MN congress for funding for clinical trials? Is there anyone that has any contacts at Mayo? Thank you all for your help. I will keep you updated on what is happening. If you think that something else needs to be done, etc. please feel free to let me know and go with it. I am very open to other peoples thoughts and ideas.
    Last edited by momo3; 03-24-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: thiinking out loud